Caribbean Princess 14 Day Round Trip Customs / Boarding Question in San Juan

kevinandrenay

We are considering this cruise out of San Juan for 1-3-2010. This cruise is sold as a 14 day cruise and also two individual 7 day cruises. The two questions I have are:

1) I see the cruise does not depart until 11:00pm. What are the earliest and latest times you can board for general embarkation?

2) When you get back to San Juan for the 2nd part of the cruise do you have to go through customs ( pack all of your things and go through the embarkation process again) or can you get on and off the ship like it is a regular port of call?

Thanks in advanced for any help,

Kevin

We are considering this cruise out of San Juan for 1-3-2010. This cruise is sold as a 14 day cruise and also two individual 7 day cruises. The two questions I have are:

1) I see the cruise does not depart until 11:00pm. What are the earliest and latest times you can board for general embarkation?

2) When you get back to San Juan for the 2nd part of the cruise do you have to go through customs ( pack all of your things and go through the embarkation process again) or can you get on and off the ship like it is a regular port of call?

Thanks in advanced for any help,

Kevin

We did this same cruise last year on the Crown.

You can board by I think 1.00 PM.

On the second leg, hopefully you are in the same cabin and not have to pack and unpack, we did not have to go through customs because our previous stop was St. Thomas. US island to US island. Yes you can get off the ship to spend the day in San Juan. Make sure you visit both castles and Old San Juan can be done on foot.

Enjoy your cruise.

Princess usually begins boarding 11:30 or noon.

You will not have to pack your stuff unless you are changing cabins.

Menus will be repeated for each 7 week crusie. Most or all entertainment will be repeated.

Thanks for your help. We have done 14 day cruises but not one that had the option of being 14 days or 7 days. I would think that if we book it as Princess has it ( a 14 day round trip cruise) we would be in the same cabin for the entire cruise. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Kevin

Thanks for your help. We have done 14 day cruises but not one that had the option of being 14 days or 7 days. I would think that if we book it as Princess has it ( a 14 day round trip cruise) we would be in the same cabin for the entire cruise. Is that correct?

Thanks,

Kevin

Yes, if you book it as one cruise you will certainly be in one cabin. But if you book as two just insist on the same cabin. Compare the cost of the cruise both ways. Don't forget any OBC like for the FCC's, Shareholder Credit and Captain's Circle credits if you will get any of them. You may get more credit by booking one cruise or booking two.

Archived