Have you ever switched everyone in your cabin to another cabin?

dawnrae

Have you ever switched everyone in your cabin with another cabin? I have booked ES rates which do not allow name changes without a fee. I recently took advantage of a price drop to do cabin upgrades (we have 13 people in 4 cabins). Now the triple cabin is about 10 cabins away from the other 3 which are adjacent. Two of the cabins are connecting. Would we be able to just get extra room keys and go with that or can we switch the 3 in the triple to one of the connecting cabins? Would the pursers desk actually be willing to swap everyone with the other cabin? I am concerned about ship manifest not matching the cabin occupants - is this a real issue? Or just an issue in my head since I have been known to be a chronic rule follower? The reason for the change is I am willing to be the grownup in the connecting cabins with 7 kids and would give the triple to my son and daughter-in-law and youngest child. Yeah, I must be crazy.

Dawnrae

Just recently when we cruised we had 5 cabins booked. We were able to swapped people around from one cabin to another without being charged. We just made the changes onboard at the Customer Service desk on Deck 3. We just told them which passengers were to be in which room. We were told that an adult had to be listed in each room though. For us that was no problem because it ended up that way, anyway. We just booked it originally so that we would have a returning guest discount for each room.

You can easily get key cards, which do nothing but unlock the doors to another cabin from the purser's desk, just have everyone there to give permission.

Your sign and travel card will still be attached to your purchases, so you will have two cards. Why make them switch you and go to so much confusing bother?

Umm. No - I am not crazy? or No - the purser's office won't do it? or No - it would not be a problem? or No - you have never done it before?

I took it to mean 'no, we haven't done it'.

Anyway, just leave everything as is and sort it out when you get onboard. It is done all the time.

And to add 'yes, you are crazy' :eek::D

Edit to add (like firefly333 said), just get additional keys as needed and mix it up.

I think it would be easiest to just get extra keys and put everyone where we want them. Can't see doing the name change thing unless we are breaking some maritime rule. There goes that "rule follower" thing again. Oh, yeah. Seven kids and me in quad connecting cabins - just a little bit crazy. But lots of fun.

Dawnrae

Archived