Alaska on the Westerdam 7/12 to 7/19

Wclement1

We just returned from a great week on the Westerdam. The room VC5028 was perfect, open dining worked well and tours (Captain Larry in Juneau and Michelle in Ketchikan) were outstanding. A couple of notes for those of you sailing on her soon.

1. Formal nights were Monday and Thursday. Master Chefs dinner was on Friday.

2. Embarkation and dis were great for the traveler. Still a problem for the drivers.

3. All the shows were good. Joel Mason was great as Elton.

4. Weather was normal for Alaska with Glacier Bay day a spectacular clear, sunny and 65 to 70

The only problem was of our own making. We allowed ourselves to be seated with a family of three on the second formal night. The the child was in the third grade, looked like a second grader and acted like a spoiled first grader. The best part was when he finally fell asleep with his head on the table

Thank you for your mini review. We certainly did enjoy our cruise on the Westy.

Raihi, you can make reservations ahead of time if you want a table for 2. Call in the morning of the day you want the reservations.

Okay...at the risk of sounding stupid...What is the Master Chef's dinner? I am sailing on the Zaandam in a few weeks. I am new to HAL, but not to cruising. Will someone please fill me in? Thanks

Archived