Royal Caribbean seriously needs to fix their website

Royal Caribbean's booking site is the worst I've encountered, even when following the recommendations of deleting my brower history and dumping the cache on my computer. I had been looking at a couple of attractive cruises on Royal Caribbean, but after running into booking issues seven times out ten on their website, I finally said 'screw it' and booked my cruise on NCL instead - without incident. Royal Caribbean, you just gave a repeat customer to Norwegian Cruise Lines.

After several days of various problems accessing the RCL general website, online check in and cruise planner, I finally emailed to complain and request assistance (Their online help center was closed for the evening! Go figure!).

Their response thanked me for notifying them of the problem but failed to address any of the issues or offer any assistance. It did, however, encourage me to sign up (at my expense) for a specialty dinner at a restaurant on ship that we're not even sailing!

I complained about the lack of assistance and poor cut and paste job containing a sales pitch for a sailing that doesn't even apply and received a response saying they were sorry I was disappointed.

My response:

"I assure you that my disappointment is not that I wasn't offered a complimentary dinner. I am disappointed at the lack of customer service that prompted my original complaint and that it continued through my receipt of a sales pitch for dinner on a ship that I'm not even sailing in lieu of an appreciable apology. A small issue has been made so much larger by your poor response. Certainly not the Royal service of the past and definitely something I will mention to others searching for a cruise line recommendation."

I've noticed significant technical issues. Website searching is not reliable and blanks out, issues making reservations for dining. I'm not impressed with their website at all.

I also find the website difficult to navigate - one of the worst in cruising. I especially dislike having to print an entire page of colored pictures when trying to print out out my purchased shore excursions (once I can find them listed!). Haven't they heard of printer friendly formats?

I also find the website difficult to navigate - one of the worst in cruising. I especially dislike having to print an entire page of colored pictures when trying to print out out my purchased shore excursions (once I can find them listed!). Haven't they heard of printer friendly formats?

Some things remain constant. [emoji6]

Funny how many folks miss the website from a year or so ago. [emoji33]