Family Cruise around holidays

Would like to take a family cruise on RCCL to Mexican Riviera the week of Thanksgiving or the week of or week after Christmas. Of course prices are at their highest then but I'm a teacher and don't have a lot of choices with dates. Any tips on how to acquire deals or the best ship to sail on for a family of 4? (Kids are 22 and 18).

Would like to take a family cruise on RCCL to Mexican Riviera the week of Thanksgiving or the week of or week after Christmas. Of course prices are at their highest then but I'm a teacher and don't have a lot of choices with dates. Any tips on how to acquire deals or the best ship to sail on for a family of 4? (Kids are 22 and 18).

There are rarely any deals available on these popular weeks, unfortunately.

FORTUNATELY, the Mariner seems to be priced lower than the 7-nighters out of Florida.

Christmas week will be cheaper than New Year's week. Thanksgiving week will be cheaper than Christmas week.

Check the prices for the Radiance. They have gone down considerably, and are quite reasonable, IMHO, for that time of year.

Thanks everyone for your replies...just as I thought....cruising around the holiday is just more expensive bar none....but I will look into the Mariner and Radiance and probably go Thanksgiving week. Thanks again.

These holiday cruises are perfect for family groups but can be a nightmare for single or a couple in search of a quiet week at sea. Our cruise over Christmas last year - while I'm sure great fun for all the hundred and hundreds of college kids on break and large family groups - was anything but fun for us. As a matter of fact it was the first time I was actually glad to be back in Miami and OFF the ship. The ship was so crowded everything from food to service was very much under par - never again!

Archived