dropping bags of at wharf 8

nzmatt

hi there,

going on the p/d cruise on friday night 31/7/2009 and we are boarding at 3pm and want to go and eat somewhere,and i want to know were we can crop our bags at wharf 8 ?as it says in the p&o book we have with tickets we can drop luggage off.we want to get there about 12pm drop bags of and return about 2pm and wait to board at 3pm any thoughts.

cheers matt

Hey Matt - too easy, you will see some guys out front who will direct you where to put your luggage - depending on the lines you may want to go into the terminal and get your cruise card etc and then go for lunch. If the queues too long come back later - remember don't eat too much there's plenty of food on the ship. Enjoy your cruise:D

hi there,

going on the p/d cruise on friday night 31/7/2009 and we are boarding at 3pm and want to go and eat somewhere,and i want to know were we can crop our bags at wharf 8 ?as it says in the p&o book we have with tickets we can drop luggage off.we want to get there about 12pm drop bags of and return about 2pm and wait to board at 3pm any thoughts.

cheers matt

We usually drop our bags off around 11.00am and there is always heaps of luggage there already....

Don't forget to check in before you go for lunch. You will get your cruise card and your embarkation number. :D:D

I cant see any probs with that as when you drop your bags off goes through the scaning thing and by the time you said you wanted to get on the ship they should of made it to your room waiting for you.

So you should enjoy your lunch before you get on.

But be aware that there is all this food on bored so dont eat to much as you wont be hungry for dinner.

Hi Matt, we are on same cruise (3 sleeps to go - yeh) and, like you we are intending on arriving around 11.30, especially since our original boarding time was 12.30. We are hoping that maybe we could possibly be allowed on earlier as there could be many who have not been informed of the later arrival time. Either way, after dropping off the luggage, to kill time, walking around Darling Harbour is always pleasent. Plenty of places to eat if you want as, the later boarding time may mean they are going to save some money on lunch and only provide the dinner meal which I think is from 5pm. You are lucky to have your tickets. Our T/A are having many problems with this cruise with tickets. After many panicked phone calls and emails, have been told to expect today????

I have seen that the Palm Court is open for lunch on departure day but are the bars?

Our only other experience with cruising was 18 years ago on the Fairstar and the bars didnt open until we were under way.

I was planning on bringing softdrinks and snacks on with us for the kids whilst we waited for the services to open but if they are open when we get on then I wont worry.

Thanks

I have seen that the Palm Court is open for lunch on departure day but are the bars?

Our only other experience with cruising was 18 years ago on the Fairstar and the bars didnt open until we were under way.

I was planning on bringing softdrinks and snacks on with us for the kids whilst we waited for the services to open but if they are open when we get on then I wont worry.

Thanks

When we went on the Pacific Dawn a few months ago the Palm Court restaurant was not open for lunch on sailaway day. The buffet was open with enormous queues. The bars would be open - they have to be for the sailaway party!

Enjoy your cruise. :):)

Evon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wilma

Could you pls tell me if there were any kids on board, my daughter is 7 and I am worry she will be the only one there as it is not school holiday. are teh cabins for 4 ok?

cheers

ANITA

Anita the cabin are beyond small, they are tiny, but for a couple of days it will be fine. You are not in the cabin much.

We have sailed on the pacific sun twice in a 4 berth cabin and our kids were older and the cruise was longer and we survived. Now they are teens we prefer two insides (with two bathrooms) to sail in.

Hi Wilma

Could you pls tell me if there were any kids on board, my daughter is 7 and I am worry she will be the only one there as it is not school holiday. are teh cabins for 4 ok?

cheers

ANITA

Hi Anita, the prior 3 day cruise we were on had children. My granson 10 just loved the shark shack as well as all the other stuff. He prefered to go to the shark shack instead of the shows in the show room. Your daughter will meet other children to have fun with and the staff are very good. You can get a Shark Shack Daily from there which will have all their events for the day. If you have the hypnotist on in the show room one night then maybe your daughter would like it, as both my grandchildren could not stop laughing. We had 4 in a room on Caribe deck. There was ample space for us all and heaps of wardrobe space and drawers. The upper bunks are pushed up through the day which allows a bit more room also.

Hi Wilma

cheers

ANITA

Hi ANITA

Be assued that there are more than enough children on board the ship at anytime of year. I know this from previous cruses with P&O and also because we were able to confirm a four birth cabin on any cruise JUL/AUG/SEP but not with children. They told us it was because the kids club had reached there quota. We were wait listed and finally were confirmed on a cruise for 31 AUG on Pacific Dawn. so we will be going very soon with kids spending time in the kids club, I have to say the kids really enjoy the clubs as do we enjoy having the clubs avalable..

Archived