Legend 7/5-7/12 Mega review with lots of pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

Months after your voyage on Legend and the review and I still got to reap the benefits of it! Yay for the internet! Thanks so much. I loved all of your pictures. They were really nice ones and your review was excellent as well. My husband and I are travelling on the Legend with my folks and my sisters and their husbands on March 14th. I was excited already, but after reading your review, I'm MEGA excited. Thanks so much!

Cindy

• 1 month later...
Our tour group was divided into smaller groups and assigned a particular dolphin, trainer, and of course, photographer. We had the four of us and two other couples in our group, for a total of eight. We were told to stand shoulder to shoulder in a tight line, so our dolphin wouldn't get it into his head to play tricks and try to swim between us.

112acarnivaldolphinencounterandtaby.jpg

Our trainer gave a brief background on our particular dolphin, Anthony, (he's 3 years old, 200 lb., and kind of the bully of the other dolphins) and a more detailed explanation of dolphins in general. We had a chance as a group to touch him as he swam by us many times. Then it was time for our individual interactions with Anthony. We got to "hold" him and let him give us each a kiss. While we were allowed to use our cameras during the last part of our encounter, mine fogged up due to the high humidity and didn't completely clear up until we were back on the bus. We decided to play it safe and buy their pictures, and as you can see, it was worth it.

Holding 200 lb of wet, rubbery dolphin is . . . interesting, to say the least!

112bdolphinencountercarnivalfamilyc.jpg

112cdolphinencountercarnivalfamilyc.jpg

112ddolphinencountercarnivalfamilyc.jpg

dolphinencountercarnivalfamilycruis.jpg

did you book this through carnival? Dolphin Encounter & Tabyana Beach Day excursion? thinking about doing that excursion and wanted to know if it was the same place. thanks!:)

did you book this through carnival? Dolphin Encounter & Tabyana Beach Day excursion? thinking about doing that excursion and wanted to know if it was the same place. thanks!:)

My gosh! I can't believe this review is still getting hits!:eek: I'm glad I was feeling bored and decided to look it up again in the search, so I could answer your question.

I see you asked this question Feb. 23. (It took me awhile to get back on the boards after my last cruise!) Hopefully, you haven't sailed yet!?!? Yes, that was the excursion we used and the entire family loved it! For a ship excursion, it was one of the best I've been on. Of course, it would have been better if we could have spent twice as long at each place, but it took a good part of the day as it was. :p

And Tabyana Beach remains my favorite spot of the whole Caribbean (so far :D) to snorkel, since there are good sights so close off shore.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Breakfast was a little quicker, in the Lido, since the kids wanted to hit the pool, but no less relaxing.

30b1stseadayjuly0920.jpg

By mid morning, the pools were hopping and it was harder to find open chairs.

311stseadayjuly0929.jpg

Since my gang preferred being in the water as opposed to out of it, I only needed one chair in the sun for myself. At various times throughout the day, one or the other of the kids would get dried off and head out for an ice cream (lots and lots of ice cream!), a drink or a club activity. They each had a weekly Caper that pertained to only their club, and would decide the night before what activities they might want to try. For example, Tim had no interest in the scavenger hunt or dance class, but hit the Candy Game and the magician show the first day.

The day passed very quickly. Since this was our first formal night, we wanted to get some Carnival formal pictures. We had seen many of the backdrops they use and liked them. Much better, in my opinion, than what RCI had to offer. We wanted to squeeze pictures in before the Captain's Reception at around 7pm, so we were back in the cabin by 5:30 to get ready. Tim loved the chance to wear his jacket again, while Mandy wasn't as eager to get into her fancy wear (had something to do with the need to wear high heels, she told me) We were able to beat most of the crowds for photos.

fmilycruiseformalfamilypix.jpg

familycruiseformalkidpix.jpg

And later took a few more with our camera.

31b1stseadayjuly0958.jpg

31a1stseadayjuly0933.jpg

As for the Captain's Reception, here's where I felt RCI had a definite edge. On AOS, we had the chance to meet and get our picture taken with the captain, in a quiet, more out-of-the-way section of the ship. We also got to talk informally with him, for an hour long q-and-a one morning, in one of the ship lounges. Unless I missed it completely, we didn't have that sort of interaction here. On the Legend, we all filed into Follies around 7pm, were offered a choice of several drinks (champagne for Jon, a lime margarita for me, and a pink punch for the kids), then spent the next half hour watching as the captain and about 12 of his senior officers were called up on stage one by one. Just didn't have the personal touch to me.

GREAT review we will be on the legend in 17 weeks.Sounds like a lonv time.

• 2 months later...
Great Pic's and review of your trip.. its so weird thou.. I've been on this ship and a few others and I've never had to bring my life jacket to the drill... wonder why some do and some don't?

This review was from 2009 and they have since stopped life jackets at drills on all Carnival ships

Archived