Back from the Regal 15 Panama trip--any questions?

Mary Jane 711

Carol (Ready to Sail)

Thanks for the update. Yes I did read your other posting regarding the Bistro and Pizzaria and that will be a good alternative for us as we will be on her for 21 days and occasionally you look for somewhere else to eat or at an earlier time - in our case - as we are on late sitting.

When we were on the T.P. we had a good looking young gentleman as the CD and I think it was his first cruise as the CD. I think he was assistant before that. Anyhow he was very good and we enjoyed listening to him.

We were thinking of returning to Tahiti in October to do the Marquesa trip but unfortunately I found we were already booked up for a long weekend with friends at that particular time and as we couldn't change the weekend (10 couples are going) Tahiti has to be put on backlog. I loved that cruise and would do it again in a flash.

In the meantime we have our trip to the U.S. in July and our Transatlantic via Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland, Shetland Islands and Norway to Holland. Can't wait!

Jennie

Rick - I think we are a little cruised out right now but I have already been looking into a land based vacation to Costa Rica. I think that will be our next trip. Did you read what I wrote on this thread about where and when the winds occur? You might want to pass that onto your in-laws. If I were to do it over again I would take a motion sickness pill well before reaching that Gulf. I did take one about an hour out, as soon as we realized we were in for some rough waters, and it did help.

Calikak - My father-in-law was taken to Anchorage but probably because it was closer than Seattle. The cruise ended the following day in Steward and my mother-in-law and I went to the hospital from there.

Jennie - Sounds like you've got some nice trips planned while waiting for the cruise next January.

Ready to Sail,

I'll let them know. My Father/Law always has Bonine on hand for Virtigo problems. The funny thing is, when we went on our Canal cruise, that very area was like glass. From Costa Rica to Alcapco was the best sailing I've ever experianced. Warm sunny weather, no wind, water like glass. I'll never forget it. We laid out at the pool and listened to the band playing reg'e music both days.

I never had a clue it was such a trecherous area of water.

I'm not sure I'm going to warn them and have them get upset with worry though. you know what I mean? I'll just make double sure they have a good supply of Bonine. You just never know what's in store when you travel on the sea. It can be pretty frightning sometimes.

Rick

You're probably right-why worry them needlessly. According to the info we were given (which is in one of my posts above) this only happens about 5 days a month so we just got unlucky, and triple unlucky since we had to cross this area 3 times. Bonine is what I use and it really seems to work well. I sure wish them smooth sailing.

Carol

• 3 weeks later...
Guest newhampshire

Hi Mary Jane, interesting to read your mini report on cruise. Is there another report somewhere else, am new to this board. We are on cruise on March 24 from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego, what were the best shore excursions or what would you recommend to do or not to do. My husband loves to snorkel and I either go with him or do a land tour by myself through the ship. Any info would be helpful. Thanks:)

Hi newhampshire,

We (DH and I) will be on the same cruise as you are, along with his sister and her husband. Still researching the ports, but so far have decided to do the zipline tour in Ocho Rios and the cliff divers in Acapulco. Both are thru the ship. Sure will be glad to get out of the cold weather on the East Coast.

Welcome aboard!

Virginia

Archived