internet cafes? Phone cafes?

kimmariecarr

Hi everyone,

I will be sailing on the NCL Spirit on 1/7/04 on the 9 day itinerary. I have done alot of reading in preparation and I see that Barbados has an internet cafe available ($2.50 for twenty minutes). Does anyone know what other islands on this itinerary also have this option?

Also, any phone cafes?

Thanks,

Kim

Very nearly all the fifteen ports at which I have docked since September have had internet and telephone exchanges located fairly near where the boats tie up or tender. In Frederiksted, I ended up in the library. Some locations were as little as USD 2 per hour (Acapulco) and others (Virgin Gorda) were USD 40 per hour.

Donning my asbestos suit, I will admit candidly that on the island of Dominica, I went looking for such a place and became simply too uncomfortable walking around alone to continue, and I never did find the internet cafe which was supposedly located only a few blocks from the ship.

Depending on the weather, you might find quite a few of your fellow passengers have arrived ahead of you, so if your business is urgent and you have the option, I would debark as soon as possible. The cafes nearest the ships in St Thomas were mobbed.

Archived