Fish Tacos

vtxriders

In Cabo my favorite is Gordo Leles. Bigger than a taco stand, it is a tiny restaurant that serves awesome carne asada, shrimp and fish tacos for only $1.50! He also has beer and margaritas and will serenade you with beatles songs as you eat. A little hard to find, it is behind Cabo Wabo, once you see the Corner Cafe it is down that street next to the Los Milagros hotel. This would be an easy walk from the tender dock.

Best authentic food - Mazatlan? PV? Cabo?

FYI...We are not afraid of street vendors but want GOOD food!

Based on CC comments, we made every effort to go to Las Gardenias for fish tacos and we LOVED them! The restaurant is a block or so from the big new mall. We took a cab to the restaurant and walked back.

I have pictures, just have to upload them online and will post :)

Las Gardinas is very good (our favorite for fish tacos). Sandy (Househunter) mentioned Gordo Lele's because I don't think she's gotten over to Las Gardinas yet. Gordo Lele's is great also (we love it as well). We go there for the best Carne Asada taco's in town. Either choice is good. If your also looking for beef/chicken/chorizo tacos then I would choose Gordo Lele's. If you specifically want fish tacos, then give Las Gardinas a try.

I do need to try Gardenias, I will in October for sure since we will be spending a week at PB Rose. Gordo Leles just started serving the fish and shrimp and it will be hard to beat them. I counted 14 shrimp in one taco! I could barely finish it- very good!:)

About three years ago Byz1 caught me hooked on shrimp tacos at

13. Marisma. 10 AM to 5 PM. Wonderful fish tacos, best in town.

Shrimp tacos about 15 pesos. Very clean and always crowded, there's a deposito across the street if you need a beer to wash them down.

Highly recommended by Our Brenda]

This in between V.Carranza and Basillo Baddillo......about a 8 block walk up from OLas Atlas and worth every step :) So says our 17 year old son who complained bitterly until he ate the tacos. :)

About three years ago Byz1 caught me hooked on shrimp tacos at

13. Marisma. 10 AM to 5 PM. Wonderful fish tacos, best in town.

Shrimp tacos about 15 pesos. Very clean and always crowded, there's a deposito across the street if you need a beer to wash them down.

Highly recommended by Our Brenda]

This in between V.Carranza and Basillo Baddillo......about a 8 block walk up from OLas Atlas and worth every step :) So says our 17 year old son who complained bitterly until he ate the tacos. :)

Is that for PV, Maz, or Cabo?

Marisma Fish Tacos also has a Marina location in Puerto Vallarta. Their fish and shrimp tacos are the bomb! They also make some great cevich and smoked marlin tacos. They have their original location as mentioned above, on Basilio Badillo and Naranjo but they also have a location in the Marina, right behind Plaza Neptuno, right near AmeriMed Hospital. (N0, you will not need the hospital after eating there!!!) You can also walk around the marina after or have a drink at El Faro.

Bobnsophie-

#2 on your list should be MARO"S Shrimp house. Excellent restaurant for a shrimp or lobster dinner but no tacos. Also I am not positive that they are open for lunch.

You will love the tacos at Gordo Leles and the margatitas at the Good Times Bar!

• 1 month later...
In Cabo my favorite is Gordo Leles. Bigger than a taco stand, it is a tiny restaurant that serves awesome carne asada, shrimp and fish tacos for only $1.50! He also has beer and margaritas and will serenade you with beatles songs as you eat. A little hard to find, it is behind Cabo Wabo, once you see the Corner Cafe it is down that street next to the Los Milagros hotel. This would be an easy walk from the tender dock.

will be in cabo on a thursday do you know how early they open?

Thanks for any info.....

For Cabo, you won't go wrong with Baja Cantina or Tobascos. on Medano Beach.

LOL, it is funny cause after two land based vacations to PV this year alone and one coming up in a few weeks, my husband reminded me that the winter vacation is *his turn* to pick for us...:rolleyes:

He is trying to decide on doing a much cheaper mex Riv cruise, or a few Princess cruises out of Brazil to Florida and one from Florida to Acapulco. After a year of answering questions, *I* have become the one copying and pasting everything on all ports (except PV) so when we book the cruise I am prepared :)

Must say, it will be nice to cruise again :)

Archived