Things to do in Vancouver for the day - Sept 19 Sea-Vancouver

aoverby

We are taking my 84 year old father-in-law on the 1 night Seattle to Vancouver Golden Princess Sept 19/20. We are returning to Seattle on the Amtrak on Sept 20 but don't leave Vancouver until 545pm. Two questions - what's the latest we can stay onboard that morning? and secondly, what are some suggestions of things to do until the train leaves at 545pm? Thanks!

You might consider doing the Vancouver Trolley HOHO tour, or a small group tour with Landsea (they have post-cruise tours and I know they drop people at the airport; presumably they'd be willing to drop you at the train station). The nice thing about the latter is that you can take your luggage on the tour and not have to worry about storing it somewhere.

Also note that you will need to get to the train station early to clear customs--I'd say an hour early but check with Amtrak to be sure.

You might consider doing the Vancouver Trolley HOHO tour, or a small group tour with Landsea (they have post-cruise tours and I know they drop people at the airport; presumably they'd be willing to drop you at the train station). The nice thing about the latter is that you can take your luggage on the tour and not have to worry about storing it somewhere.

Also note that you will need to get to the train station early to clear customs--I'd say an hour early but check with Amtrak to be sure.

I would vote for the Landsea because these HOHO are older buses with steps involved Ok for up to a certain age to HOP ON hop OFF but I at 73 an't as sprightly as I was a few years ago:D

Archived