Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South, Hollywood

deannasch

Has anyone stayed at this motel? The price is good, they pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to the pier. Some of the reviews just arent the best though. But you can find that anywhere. Just wanted an opinion from someone on here. Also wondering if there is anything close by shopping, etc.

I've stayed there. Yes, shopping and fast food is within walking distance.

Would I stay there again? No. Sorry, we had a smelly room, damp rug and dirty room.

You may want to try the LaQuinta in the same area. We stayed there and it is on the other side of the shops with also a airport and cruise port shuttle.

We had three rooms reserved and my mom was not as critical as I was about the place. I've stayed in better hotels and worse.

Good luck deciding.

i have stayed there twice and my room was fine. was it the hilton? no. but it was clean and fine. and there was shopping and a great diner - blue moon i think it was called. if you go there, when you check in, register for the shuttle to the cruise port because everyone in the hotel is going to the cruise port just about.

Do you remember if there was anywhere to purchase bottles of liquor in the area? or within walking distance. Also how far away is it from the water taxi. We get in mid afternoon and want to do something while we are there.

Do you remember if there was anywhere to purchase bottles of liquor in the area? or within walking distance. Also how far away is it from the water taxi. We get in mid afternoon and want to do something while we are there.

it is nowhere near the water taxi..........you'd have to get a cab over to the area-maybe 17th street by the Publix (there is a total wine and beverage store right there as well) where you can catch the sun trolley to near a water taxi stop

www.watertaxi.com

www.suntrolley.com

Has anyone stayed at this motel? The price is good, they pick you up at the airport and shuttle you to the pier. Some of the reviews just arent the best though. But you can find that anywhere. Just wanted an opinion from someone on here. Also wondering if there is anything close by shopping, etc.

There have been a lot of issues with that hotel over the years. There are far better places to stay at similar prices, and the shuttle is more trouble than it's worth. Many give up waiting and end up taking a taxi anyway. Never book a hotel because of a shuttle, there are a lot of problems with the majority of them!

The location is near a large strip mall, but that's about it. There are better areas to stay with a lot more to offer such as the SE 17th Street hotels.

I live here in Hollywood Florida. I think your best bed is the Sleep Inn in Dania. Airport shuttle and a shuttle to the pier, only Ft. Lauderdale pier.

There is a little shopping center across the street. Publix (Buy wine, only on Saturday) Italian restuarant, Chinese and a Mexican. 1 mile to the beach. Walk there and then go all along the broadwalk, take a taxi back.

Or next door to the hotel your talking about is the Hampton Inn, they have done major renovations.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Linda

Thanks very much for the info. I was getting skeptical on staying at the Comfort Inn simply because of the reviews. I had seen good reviews on the Hampton. I know you mentioned another one by the Hampton are these closer to the water taxi? We get in at 3:00 and have never been to Ft Lauderdale, so would really like to see some things. Again thanks for the info.

I will try this again, sometimes I read things too quickly and don't pay attention.... Thank you very much for the info. I checked out the Sleep Inn and the reviews were wonderful. I am going to cancel with Comfort Inn and go with the Sleep Inn. Since this is a mile away from the beach, is there a water taxi close by? I am going to assume so, just want to make sure. This site is absolutely awesome!

I will try this again, sometimes I read things too quickly and don't pay attention.... Thank you very much for the info. I checked out the Sleep Inn and the reviews were wonderful. I am going to cancel with Comfort Inn and go with the Sleep Inn. Since this is a mile away from the beach, is there a water taxi close by? I am going to assume so, just want to make sure. This site is absolutely awesome!
We have stayed at both hotels and found the Sleep Inn to be a better choice!

Thanks very much for the info. I was getting skeptical on staying at the Comfort Inn simply because of the reviews. I had seen good reviews on the Hampton. I know you mentioned another one by the Hampton are these closer to the water taxi? We get in at 3:00 and have never been to Ft Lauderdale, so would really like to see some things. Again thanks for the info.

Sleep Inn and Hampton Inn are no closer to the Water Taxi, you would need a car or cab to get there.

If you want to be near the Water Taxi then you need to stay on SE 17th Street or the beach. The Water Taxi operates NORTH of Port Everglades.

If you're looking for a budget hotel try:

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" on SE 17th Street... http://www.hieftlauderdale.com/

Or Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Both of those are very nice, safe, inexpensive hotels in the best area for cruisers to stay. They're just a block from Port Everglades, and the Water Taxi, as well as in the middle of dozens of restaurants, shops, etc.

• 1 month later...

Are you guys talking about the one that's now a Ramada - used to be Comfort?

We stayed there last 2 cruises... it was OK but not fantastic. The bar/ restaurant by the pool was convenient. We picked it for the free shuttle from airport/ to cruise port. It was fine each time.

I also did like the shopping within walking distance.

Suggestions for alternates are appreciated.

Are you guys talking about the one that's now a Ramada - used to be Comfort?

We stayed there last 2 cruises... it was OK but not fantastic. The bar/ restaurant by the pool was convenient. We picked it for the free shuttle from airport/ to cruise port. It was fine each time.

I also did like the shopping within walking distance.

Suggestions for alternates are appreciated.

No, and Ramada's and Days Inns in South Florida are not good either. Never never never book a hotel because of a shuttle! That's the worst thing you can do, the majority of them that have shuttles have them because they have nothing else going for them. Many people end up giving up on the shuttle and taking a cab anyway. Taxis are cheap and plentiful in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale, it's not worth staying in a nasty dump in a bad location just to save a few dollars in cab fare.

The one discussed here is still a Comfort Inn. It's not a nice place and has had a lot of unpleasant "problems" over the years. It's safest (literally) to avoid this one.

No, and Ramada's and Days Inns in South Florida are not good either. Never never never book a hotel because of a shuttle! That's the worst thing you can do, the majority of them that have shuttles have them because they have nothing else going for them. Many people end up giving up on the shuttle and taking a cab anyway. Taxis are cheap and plentiful in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale, it's not worth staying in a nasty dump in a bad location just to save a few dollars in cab fare.

The one discussed here is still a Comfort Inn. It's not a nice place and has had a lot of unpleasant "problems" over the years. It's safest (literally) to avoid this one.

Thanks for the input. We didn't have any problems at the Comfort Inn in the past. Always good for updated info.

Archived