Mariner 8/23 - How do they assign dinner tables? Any suggestions to get a good table?

Hello all!!

We are very excited to be going on the Mariner on 8/23 !!

We were wondering if anyone knows HOW they decide dinner table assignments?

Also, do you have any suggestions on good table locations for us (and how to get them)???

We will be a party of 5 (me, DH, DD, DS, and Grandma)...we do enjoy the festivity of a large table and meeting new people, so I did request a "large" table for the early seating when making my reservation.

Is there anything further I can/should do to help our experience?

One reason I ask is because last year we cruised on the Carnival Elation. Our last name looks Asian, but we are not. We wound-up at a 12-top with ALL Chinese folks, except for us.

I have to say, everyone was lovely and it worked out fine...but did the cruiseline put us all together because they were trying to be nice and put all of "us" Chinese families with children all together? We've always wondered....

Thanks for all of your tips!!!

:);)

Jennifer

There really are no "bad" locations, and it's not the location that will make dinner special, anyway...it's the tablemates!

They do try to seat "like" folks together, as best they can....they will try not to put a family with small kids at a table with honeymooners, for instance!

Let the "dice roll", as they may....if you go messing with whatever formula they use to seat folks, you may miss out on a truly wonderful table assignment!

If you get there, and really detest your table, ask to be moved!

Thanks Corey...I'd love to join!!

Silly question...not sure I'm "workin the boards" right...

I looked at the link you gave, and I'm wondering if I post a "reply" at the end (page 29 right now), or at the beginning on page 1.

How do I "sign-up"?

Jennifer

I agree that a good or bad table is what you and your table mates make it - location is no biggie. People ask for a window seat and then go on a cruise when it is dark outside at dinner time????Others want no kids or teeners or they do want them. The one thing to keep in mind is that if you think after the first night that you and your table mates are not compatible, talk to the maitre 'd about changing your table:)

:confused: It's so crazy. No matter what cruiseline I have been on, if I have assigned dining, I end up being seated with doctors and firefighters. I don't know why because I am a teacher. You'd think they'd put me with another teacher. Maybe they're too afraid that we would talk shop and alienate everyone else. I have had some very interesting dinner conversations though. On my Thanksgiving cruise, we had two doctors and a minister with us.

Here's a random question since I'm going on my first cruise this weekend... How many people do they seat at a table? There are 6 of us going together...

They have tables for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12... If you have your reservations linked together and request a small table, you'll most likely end up seated with just your group.

Archived