opinions wanted on return flights

bixy

The cruise disembarks from 7am on Friday in Sydney, what time do you think I should book return tickets home?

How long does it take to get past customs, my first trip was only 30 mins including finding my luggage?

How long will it take getting from the ship terminal to the airport 30 mins?

I think I need to be there an hour before the flight to check the luggage on.

I have 2 kids aged 3 and 5 and really don't want to be sitting in an airport for hours with them.

Any advice would be great, I am thinking that I would book a plane home for 11am.

Thanks

Bixy

The cruise disembarks from 7am on Friday in Sydney, what time do you think I should book return tickets home?

How long does it take to get past customs, my first trip was only 30 mins including finding my luggage?

I have 2 kids aged 3 and 5 and really don't want to be sitting in an airport for hours with them.

Any advice would be great, I am thinking that I would book a plane home for 11am.

Thanks

Bixy

Hi Bixy, the shipping lines prefer you don't have a flight booked before midday.

in case the ship is running late etc.

kind regards, Lorraine:):)

Thanks

Bixy

hi bixy, its best to book a flight after 12 noon just in case you strike problems with the ship being late......if you are thru customs by 8.30am you could go to the airport and try for an earlier flight......we have been very late on different cruises so you cant tell

if you book your flights thru the cruise company and the ships late and you miss your flight they will change your details.....if you book your own flight and something goes wrong you are on your own to change your details

rkmw

If i ever had to fly after a cruise as i have been on one that was an hour or 2 late and the line up at the purses desk to complain and change flights was long as i had ever seen it.

I would book around 1pm -3 pm just to be on the safe side so if your ship for some reason returns in late you have peace of mind.

I would hate to miss my plane and to change it then to of book an early one and miss it if something goes wrong.

Always allow sufficient time for delays to the ships arrival.

If you find yourself with hours to kill there are luggage storage lockers at Sydney's central railway station. Dump the luggage do something fun with the kids in Sydney like Centrepoint Tower or the monorail (buy a day ticket) and then take the train to the airport.

Agreed, afternoon is better. Even if you make it, it's not much fun to the end of the trip to have to rush around if there are delays, traffic or something gets lost/goes wrong.

That said, it also depends who you're flying with and what sort of ticket. If you have something flexible you can book earlier and be calm knowing you can get a later alternative. If it's not-changeable, better to give yourself some leeway unless you don't mind having to purchase another if you're late.

I agree with the later times.

With kids that young I would rather be sitting at the airport feeding them Macdonalds than trying to hurry them through the formalities and the added stress of missing the plane.

Kids hate rushing.

Archived