Should we find somewhere in NO with a cruise special or just pay parking fees?

jennlynnmahan

We will be driving to New Orleans for our first cruise in January. Still trying to wrap my head around how everything works. I have seen that some hotels offer cruise specials, which I am guessing includes allowing you to park your vehicle there while on the cruise. Is this generally cheaper than just finding a hotel and then paying to park at the port? Does anyone know the parking fees at this port?

We will be driving to New Orleans for our first cruise in January. Still trying to wrap my head around how everything works. I have seen that some hotels offer cruise specials, which I am guessing includes allowing you to park your vehicle there while on the cruise. Is this generally cheaper than just finding a hotel and then paying to park at the port? Does anyone know the parking fees at this port?

Personally I would park in the cruise terminal garage. In my opinion it would be a safer place for your vehicle as a lot of the hotels in the area do not have on site parking and use the public lots in the area which have no security - some are blocks away from the hotels.

We stayed at the Drury Inn and got free happy hour and free parking during our cruise for just $99. It was just a few blocks from the terminal and we walked everywhere. Our car was just fine when we got back and I'll stay there again if I get the chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Does anyone know if a full-size pick up truck is considered "oversize" at the New Orleans pier parking garage? Also, does anyone know what the height limit is in the garage?

We are thinking about parking somewhere else due to the high cost of daily parking. Does anyone know of any hotels that are offering cruise specials?

Thanks.

Mary

Hi,

Does anyone know if a full-size pick up truck is considered "oversize" at the New Orleans pier parking garage? Also, does anyone know what the height limit is in the garage?

We are thinking about parking somewhere else due to the high cost of daily parking. Does anyone know of any hotels that are offering cruise specials?

Thanks.

Mary

Check this out

www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Marriott Convention Center (2 blocks from the Pier) for $125.00 for one night, included 7 days free parking, in their secure parking garage and luxury breakfast for 2.....before we parked at the pier, the 2 blocks walk for my dh was not worth the convenience. He dropped me and luggage off at the pier, went back to the hotel parked the car and walked the 2 blocks, same on the return. The hotel is really nice too.

Be sure when you call for a reservation at the Drury Inn that you tell them if you have an AARP card because they will give you that discount in addition to the other discount. They ask me about it and quoted it to me but they might forget when you call unless you mention it.

Archived