Coke or Pepsi??

savdoc2

I am sure this question has been asked a million times, but I couldn't find the answer. Does RCCL serve Coke or Pepsi products? It really doesn't matter to me, but DH only likes Diet Coke and SIL only likes Diet Pepsi. I will stick to lemonade and iced tea. So, I'm just trying to figure out who needs to bring their own with them.

Also, what is considered an allowable amount to bring on board?

Thanks!!

Last sailing I broke down and bought a 12 pack of pepsi to drink while onboard. I just can't handle most of the Coke products anymore. Our daughter and her SO brought a case of Dr. Pepper onboard as well. We didn't have any problems carrying it onboard with us. Our daughter brought it with her at embarkation in Miami while I finally broke down in St. Maarten and bought the Pepsi.

My Father retired from Pepsi and since that check helps pay for his cruise, we sure won't be drinking/paying for THOSE products (too bad they can't do contracts for both), thank goodness we can bring our own Pepsi products onboard! Otherwise, would be water and lemonade for us!

Thanks for the responses. I also find it interesting that people are so one way about coke or pepsi. DH was excited that it is Coke on board. SIL won't be so happy. DH drinks a lot more soda than SIL though, so it will be easier for her to bring her brand on board.

Yes, sad to say, they serve coke... If you couldnt tell, my family and I are pepsi fans... It just tastes better to me. Thought some of you who have brought drinks aboard may get a kick out of this anecdote:

My mother, being the ultimate super shopper, decided that when she saw pepsi on some rediculously good sale back home days before our cruise, she must buy it. And that must be the pepsi we'd bring on the cruise. Not wanting to risk it breaking open and ruining our belongings, we couldnt check the pepsi... so in the carry-on went a 24 pack of cans(which we left about 12 of by the way)... Suffice it to say, by the time I'd dragged this beast of a carry-on from New York to Florida, I was ready to smack my mother with it, pepsi still inside. The trivial amount saved certainly wasnt worth the man power to get the soda there... Though I suppose it did help me lose a bit before cruising! :)

So, my tip to all pepsi drinkers... buy it as near to the ship as possible and avoid my awful trip experience... while it made for a funny story, tht extra poundage in a carry-on stressed me before cruising, and thats the last thing I needed.

Pepsi sucks.... Why would you weigh down your baggage with a 12 pack?

Obviously, Pepsi drinkers feel the same about Coke! I think the poster made it clear why she lugged the Pepsi on board.

I think it's safe to say, some prefer Coke, some prefer Pepsi, nothing wrong with either one, it's a personal preference. However, if all the ship offers is the one you don't prefer, you're left with three choices; bring your own, drink something else offered on board, or force yourself to drink the Coke (which sucks of course).

Archived