Owb

jpres

That is a personal choice. We were in French Polynesia in Jan. from the HAL Ryndam cruise, and spent time in Moorea at the Intercontinental, and the Soffitel. We toured the OWB at the Soffitel, and although very lovely, I personally would never spend $700. to $1000. for a nights stay. If you have the extra money to do so, then, I'd say spend it. I would much rather spend it on something else. :D

It is definitely a personal choice. I went with friends and we split the cost. So it ended up being $700 for the whole stay per person. Having said that, it was awesome. I would do it again. Though other friends stayed in a ocean view bungalow and were fine. Your so close to all at the Intercontinental that it wouldn't matter.

Larry,

Did you stay in a beach bungalow? If so do you recall the price range?

I have heard that they are pretty nice as well.

I did but cannot remember price - it was I think at least $150 cheaper per night than the OWB

You can always join the IC Ambassador Club ($150) and get a free one-level upgrade and a free weekend night certificate. That way you can pay for Premium Beach and get and OWB and possibly a free night if you're staying over a weekend. That cuts way down on the price.

The IC Ambassador club is one of the best deals going.

I have had free nights, upgrades and best of all - 5pm check out in Tahiti - thus saving a lot of money not having to have a day room. $100 per year after the initial fee.

This year alone I saved 300 Euros both in Rome and Paris - had my wife join also.

Thats 600 euros saved - at a cost of $250 - plus I got upgrades.

Can't beat it folks.

Larry

Archived