Should all ships in a cruiseline have the same policies?

It seems as if there are some different policies on various ships within the same cruiseline. For example, I read that the millenium class ships on Celebrity have popcorn at the movies whereas the Zenith/Horizon/Galaxy etc. do not. Some RCCL ships have a pool towel policy, some do not. Some ships charge for Johnny Rockets, some do not. On Celebrity some ships had dancing lessons and arts and crafts every sea day and other Celebrity ships had none(which we expected and missed). Do you think there should be uniform policies/amenities within a cruiseline or should different ships do their own thing? What other differences have you noticed within a cruiseline?

I personally like the differences on all the ships. You have to remember, the ships are not built at the same time, so they may be outfitted differently from one another. As far as I know, all the RCI ships have a policy by which they charge if you lose the towel that they provide in your stateroom. RCI instigated the charge at JR's on the two ships that charge to see if it is worth the extra gripes of the passengers. Its a trial thing, and may be rescended if it doesn't work out to the line's satisifaction.

I really can't speak to the arts and crafts on Celebrity ships.

Anyway, I think that each ship having its own flair is a good thing. I like the little quirks about all the ships, and think that is one of the reasons people choose to go back to a specific ship over and over. I'd hate to think that all the ships would be standardized and homoginized so that they're indistinguishable from one another.

<html>

[b]<font face="Century" size="2" color="#800000">Ahh, the signature. Home of useless ramblings, tired quotes, and a list of every vacation you've ever taken. Now, for some quotes: </font>[/b]

[b]<font face="Century" size="2" color="#800000">"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H. G. Wells (1866-1946) </font>[/b]

[b]<font face="Century" size="2" color="#800000">"His ignorance is encyclopedic" - Abba Eban (1915-2002) </font>[/b]

[b]<font face="Century" size="2" color="#800000">"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."   - Albert Einstein (1879-1955) </font>[/b]
</html>

Archived