I know these questions have been asked before, but...

who has brought wine, soda, or water on board with them? We will be on the Mariner in January. My mom wants to bring wine on board. I may want to bring soda, but not sure I want to deal with the hassle of carrying it on. Does anyone know if they have Diet Sprite on board? I may have the water issue dealt with. My son is handicapped. He drinks Ensure, so I am getting a doctor's note to be able to bring that on board. He also is very prone to dehydration, so I am going to ask the doctor to write in the note that he needs to have the water with him. Think that will work? I just can't stomach the thought of paying $3 a bottle for water. Not to mention that my mom works for Poland Spring and won't drink Evian. And, I can get a case of water here for $3 with mom's coupons.

Also, we are going to the western caribbean. Anyone know the cost of cigarettes in Jamaica, Grand Cayman, or Cozumel? When I went on the Voyager, they only had Marlboros on board and I smoke Winston. I will bring my own to last the cruise, but was wondering about any deals anywhere.(Please, no bashers on the smoking. I am a responsible smoker and I do not offend anyone.)

Thanks in advance for any info!

jules

We were on the AOS on 12.5.04 and we brought a couple bottles of soda in our carry on. No problems getting it on. Then in St. Martin we bought a couple more bottles at a store and brought them on. They didn't care. From my understanding of it, its okay to bring on soda and water.

No they don't have diet sprite. I never saw any.

Yes you can bring wine on board. There is a corkage fee of $9 or so if you bring it to the dining room. Your room steward will bring you wine glasses if you ask.

On our ship they sold Winstons. Not sure about the ship you will be on though.

Heidi

we brought wine and champange (just packed into checked luggage -- wrapped in plastic in case it burst) -- I saw lots of people carrying cases of soda and/or water openly onto the ship so you shouldn't have a problem with that. It'll just be a hassle with packing all that heavy stuff.

I'm not a smoker so can't help you on cig prices.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am not sure about Mariner but when we sailed on Majesty last month we boarded the ship, looked around then took a cab into Miami. We found a Wallgreens and bought two gallons of water, and a couple two-liter bottles of soda (Pepsi, Dr. Pepper). We didn't have any problems boarding with these items.

:)

Archived