What are you reading?

yiddishkopf

....... Now I'm working on Peter Robinson.......have a look at Val McDermid - I like hers, too.:o:o

Gena

Peter Robinson..his Alan Banks series is one of the best British detectives and my favorite. So glad to see PR mentioned here. He is one of the few authors I buy in hardback the day he hits the stores. Can't wait for the pbk.

Val McDermid is wonderful, too.

Just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by the late Swedish author Stieg Larsson (2008). Now can't wait to read the Girl Who Played with Fire by the same author (2009).

quote.gif

Don't delay; it's better than the first and the novel begins in Grenada. Several other islands are also in play.

British detectives? I strongly recommend Christopher Fowler and his London detectives from the Peculiar Crimes Unit. Both are far past retirement age and a joy to read about; funny, urbane, highly intelligent, well-read and unwilling to so quietly. The White Corridor and The Victoria Vanishes are both wonderful. I think there are about a dozen in the series.

It's more than simple. To purchase book (usually no more than $9.99 for new releases) type in the name of the title or author in the search function. If you enter the latter it will give you a list of everything that individual has written. So pick the title and enter "buy". It will download onto your Kindle in seconds and you just begin the book. No need to grab a credit card as your account is set up from day one via Amazon. You can download a book/magazine anywhere as the unit is "stand alone" and does not require any outside wi-fi link. Additional advantage is the font is ajustable if you, like myself, enjoy a slightly larger print. When you're done with the book just erase it. There are thousands of titles available and most all new releases are available immed. The Kindle will hold hundreds of books.

We've gone through several dozen titles and have yet to have a problem. If you happen to own an IPhone there is a nice added feature in that the phone links to the Kindle (free) and and will place the book on your IPhone.

A piece of advice--should you get one make sure you purchase the cover at the same time. Additionally I would steer away from the larger unit. Half of the advantage is the size and lugging around the bigger one seems to do away ith one of Kindle's major features; its smaller size and ease of carrying around. It was a blessing during our Alaska trip

I absolutely love my KINDLE that I bought after our last cruise. There was a couple on board who each had one and gave all of us a great demonstration and many of us said that we would order one when we got home which I immediately did.

As "geshaw30" stated buy the cover when you purchase it. I would also buy the night light. AMAZON.COM offers the three items together and I am sorry I didn't buy light as AMAZON suggested. I landed up paying a little more because of buying it individually. I have other book nightlights but none are as nice as this one.

You will love the KINDLE!!!!!

Another Peter Robinson fan here. I would also recommend Reginald Hill whose Daziel and Pascoe series is outstanding. A bit heavier going but well worth the trip.

Also those who may have enjoyed the Inspector Frost series on Mystery, might not be aware that they are based upon five or six books written by R.D. Wingfield and are available at Amazon like the Hill books above.

Archived