Renting a Jeep?

xpreciousp

I'm really tempted to rent a jeep so that we can tour the island at our own pace, but I'm also wondering...........are they ALL stick shift or are they automatic? There are three of us, one of us has never driven a stick, and the other two....well let's just say it's been years!!! LOLOL

Happy New Year to all!!

If you do rent a jeep, do NOT assume that it has working 4 wheel drive. Most of the rental jeeps have their 4 wheel drive disconnected. This won't matter to you, if you stay on the road. It will only matter if you think that you can drive on the sand road going north from Mexcalitos on the East side. If your jeep doesn't have 4X4 that works, you will[/bb] get stuck.

The convertible VW's are worth a look for that open air experience.

When I posted this, I didn't mean just a Jeep. I wasn't thinking. I don't care what type of car, I was just more hoping to be able to find an automatic transmission, but it appears my chances of finding one will be slim to none.

We were thinking of maybe "hiring" a taxi driver for the day instead if we can't rent a car we can drive.

Thanks for the info

There are automatic Trackers and cars here. Now, there aren't many to choice from but there are some. My suggestion would be to reserve in advance and get in writing that it must be automatic. A taxi would be very expensive!

Archived