juneau

williewonka8

No there isn't any "shuttle service". Taxi service is an option. Have the phone number with you, as there isn't a taxi stand at Mendenhall any longer. If you don't have any mobility limitations, you could take a cab between Mendenhall and Glacier Gardens, then the city bus between Glacier Gardens and downtown.

Hello,

I will be going on the Celebrity Mercury 8 day Hubbard Glacier cruise departing September 13th. I have previously visited Juneau on another trip to Alaska and am looking for a trip to take while in port that will take up at least 8 hours. I've read about AdventureBound on here but they do not have a tour going out the day I am in port. I am looking for suggestions have already looked at what the ship offers and did not see anything.

I have previously visited Juneau on another trip to Alaska and am looking for a trip to take while in port that will take up at least 8 hours.

I've never seen any 8+ hour tours other than Adventure Bound. It would, of, course, be easy to find 2 shorter tours to take.

Sept 13 is very late in the cruise season and many tour operators are closed until 2010. Adventure Bound does a very good trip, but they too are not running on this date.

There are some advantages and some disadvantages to being at the end of the cruise season.

Archived