Huge Price increase on Eclipse sailings

4pup

I booked a 1A on Eclipse Oct. 4th 2010 sailing. Price $2750. per person.

I just checked the price and it has gone up over $2000.00 per person. Thought it was a typo so I called celebrity. They said that is the current price, but did not know why the big increase. Does anyone out there have info as to why?

I just checked the price and it has gone up over $2000.00 per person. Thought it was a typo so I called celebrity. They said that is the current price, but did not know why the big increase. Does anyone out there have info as to why?

It's laws of supply and demand...they must be selling well...

Our Category 1C on the July 10 sailing went up $250 per cabin...

It's a change from the 2009 cruises--when things kept going down...could be the sign of a revitalized economy...

The cruise lines adjust prices based on how they are selling in comparison to projections...Still, a $2000 pp adjustment is awfully steep...It could be an error as well...if so, it will be adjusted downward again soon...Did other categories go up as well? Do you know how many cabins are available?

I just checked the X website and it shows all of the suites and concierge class cabins for your sailing are sold out...so it is likely sales are going very well...If they are down to a few balconies left, they just jack the prices up to see if they can get it...They can always adjust down if they slow down...

I've been on past cruises that went up that much between an early booking date times closer to the cruise. As others have said it is supply and demand and is not uncommon. That's why most of us got in the habit of booking early. I know that practice upset a few over the past year as prices dropped, but that is the chance one takes. Your example shows it can work in your favor as well.

4pup,

We are also booked on the Oct 4 sailing, and I thought I was looking at the wrong cruise earlier this week when I checked on cabin availability and rates. We have a CC3 cabin and I was hoping a CC2 would open up. Looks like we will not be making any cabin changes even if cabins become available! So glad we booked when we did.

Linda

4pup,

We are also booked on the Oct 4 sailing, and I thought I was looking at the wrong cruise earlier this week when I checked on cabin availability and rates. We have a CC3 cabin and I was hoping a CC2 would open up. Looks like we will not be making any cabin changes even if cabins become available! So glad we booked when we did.

Linda

lsimom & las928, Thanks for your info. I booked this cruise back in March and thought at the time that the price would go down. Fooled me...However, maybe as the time gets closer things will even out....I have never seen such a huge increase. I was supposed to book a cabin for my in-laws at the old price. I guess that is not going to happen...

So, where is the outrage and the demand to be able to pay the new higher price?

If the price had gone down $2000 that is what we would be reading.

I am, of course, just kidding about paying more, but why do so many folks expect refunds is prices go down but would be outraged to be asked to pay the new price when it goes up? Live with what you pay I say, it was your decision.

We're in the same situation as you (but it's a good situation). We booked a 1C in the time period when CC members could book ahead of the general public. The price went up almost $600 within a few weeks and stayed there until I just checked after reading this thread. Now a 1C is $2350 more than we paid.:eek:

Archived