eurodam cabanas

refman

can anyone describe the layout of the cabanas on the port side of the ship or if any pics are available. are they on the same deck as the pool and is the 30-50 dollar rental per day accurate. thanks in advance

Hi there,

The Lido cabanas are on the same deck as the pool. They are not right beside the pool... but they are close. There are deck chairs between the pools and the cabanas.

DBA (Dutch By Association) has a great blog and he profiled the Lido and Retreat cabanas in the blog. This is the link for some pics and info on the Lido cabanas.

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2009/03/hal-cabanas-101-lesson-2-eurodam-lido.html

The Lido cabanas can be booked for $199 for the week. They can be booked ahead of time, or on the ship when you board (assuming some are still available). If they aren't all booked for the entire week, then they can be booked for a day rate that varies whether it's a sea or a port day.

The pros are that you have a specific area reserved for you that's in the shade. You get the perks listed in DBA's blog as well. Downsides seem to be that they can feel a bit crowded as people walk right in front of them, plus some say they can be stuffy at times as there's not a lot of air circulation.

We have one booked for our upcoming cruise. I'm allergic to the sun, so having space near the pool that's in the shade is important to us. I just hope we like it lol.

The cabanas can be booked for the week by calling Ship Services (800-541-1576). If you want to book for just a day, you have to wait till you're onboard.

If cabanas interest you, you might also want to look up info on the Retreat cabanas. They are more expensive ($299 for the week) but seem to be much more popular, even though they are two decks up from the pool - which is a good thing for many people who want a secluded private space on deck to call their own. Similar perks (I think they are the same perks, but I can't remember if they are identical or not), but a bigger space, with two loungers instead of the one round lounger, and more air flow. There's also 'family' retreat cabanas which are even bigger, but I don't know much about them.

Hope this helps :-)

The cabanas on the Lido deck are like a big round bed and can not be separated -- more arre they adjustable for laying back. They have no air circurlation.

The retreat cabanas -- some have a double lounge chair -- some have 2 separate lounge chairs -- all are adjustable. Good air circulation here. Also there is a reserved area just for the cabana people to sit at tables to eat and get some sun.

Archived