Cabin ?

Glen&Kathy

We are sailing on the Constellation on 1/15 and purchased a guaranteed balcony room. We are in cat 2C on the penthouse deck and are not displeased whatsoever. However, on our last RCCL cruise the room was a bit bigger than the one we will be on on 1/15. I believe we were in a standard balcony room as well on RCCL.

What are the chances of being upgraded when we check in? Is this something we can ask for?

Thanks.

We are sailing on the Constellation on 1/15 and purchased a guaranteed balcony room. We are in cat 2C on the penthouse deck and are not displeased whatsoever. However, on our last RCCL cruise the room was a bit bigger than the one we will be on on 1/15. I believe we were in a standard balcony room as well on RCCL.

What are the chances of being upgraded when we check in? Is this something we can ask for?

Thanks.

Chances are slim to none -- Celebrity is notoriously singy with upgrades.:( You might be able to pay for an upgrade to a slightly larger cabin, but unless you got lucky it would probably cost you a lot more than it's worth for 20 extra square feet.:)

I'm sorry, but I dont get why everyone is so worried about cabin size!!!! We are only in it to shower and sleep and always get an inside - usually on Sky Deck 9 - but not on the M-class ships b/c that is right under the buffet restaurant - why go on cruise if you are going to spend it in your cabin!!!!?????!!!!!!!!! Also, saves us more $$$$ so we can cruise more often!!!!! Our friends had a "balcony" cabin last January (1st cruise) and they are leaving on Century on 1/2 and she said it was NOT worth the extra $$$$ they paid b/c you are NEVER in the cabin!!!!!! JMHO

For each his own: we recently returned from a cruise on the Connie where we had 6135 (Penthouse deck) with an oversized balcony. Since this was a vacation, some time was spent resting and reading. The lounger that I was using was very comfortable and since I had my very own to hog I didn't have to go up by the pool and mark one out very early in the morning. Evenings I was able to step outside and enjoy the ocean breeze while almost au nateral.A cup of coffee delivered by room service and a balcony, what a way to start a day! And while someone is dressing and/or looking for just the right clothing, a balcony is just the place to get out of the way. For me, being inside would really dampen the experience since I would have to go prowling around anytime I wanted to see outside.

We were in a 2B on Millennium earlier this month -- our first balcony cabin -- even at night when we had to squeeze between the desk and the end of the rolled-out "chair bed" to get to the balcony, it was as spacious as it needed to be! My husband the early bird spends more time in the cabin than the rest of us -- at night, while I check out the shows and our son is in the kids' program, he likes to wind down watching TV and then fall asleep early so he can get up and watch the sunrise -- but even at that, cabin size is not an issue because it's not like he's trying to walk around the cabin, he just stretches out on the bed as if it were a big couch :) So while we're not quite in the "we only visit the cabin to shower, dress, and sleep" category, I did want to offer some reassurance -- us two 40somethings and our growing-like-a-weed almost-9-y-o fit in one of those cabins just fine :) -- TR

Archived