CB webcam

sept10dsm

Were wondering the same thing. Were in NJ and it's pretty nasty outside.:confused:

I'm in NJ as well. Thunder and lightening now and has been for a few hours. Rain, too. We are about 40 minutes west of NYC. Last night we took a ride to Point Pleasant beach just to check out the weather and water. Rough, large waves, today is worse a friend of mine told me. Hope the cruise works out for them!

It's after 7PM here in the NYC area, and the CB live cam is still showing the Statue of Liberty.

For the last couple of hours we've been having torrential rain, thunder, lightening, and high winds. There's flooding in our area.

We have all kinds of storm warnings from the Jersey shore, up past Boston, to Nova Scotia right now.

I wonder if the CB Captain is deciding what course to take. :confused:

Friends called from onboard. Due to the hurricane, the ship is spending the night in port and will leave very early in the morning. Newport has been cancelled and will be a day at sea. Still scheduled to arrive in Boston on Monday.

Friends called from onboard. Due to the hurricane, the ship is spending the night in port and will leave very early in the morning. Newport has been cancelled and will be a day at sea. Still scheduled to arrive in Boston on Monday.

Thanks. I guess by cancelling Newport they can make up the time. Hopefully by then the storm will be long gone!!

We have several friends onboard and were also wondering if they were going to change the itinerary because of the storm heading north. We were on the CB last year with reverse itinerary and Newport was cancelled on the way home and we ended up in NYC overnight before disembarkation, but were not allowed to disembark early. The weather was terrible and couldn't sit outside. We were allowed off the ship if we wanted to but not with luggage. I think Newport is usually a tender port so ship will not go there in bad weather. I hope that they are able to avoid the stormy weather and the seas are not too rough. Haven't heard from any of my friends yet but will probably get an email.

We have several friends onboard and were also wondering if they were going to change the itinerary because of the storm heading north. We were on the CB last year with reverse itinerary and Newport was cancelled on the way home and we ended up in NYC overnight before disembarkation, but were not allowed to disembark early. The weather was terrible and couldn't sit outside. We were allowed off the ship if we wanted to but not with luggage. I think Newport is usually a tender port so ship will not go there in bad weather. I hope that they are able to avoid the stormy weather and the seas are not too rough. Haven't heard from any of my friends yet but will probably get an email.

Yes, Newport is a tendered port. It's probably best they wait the 12 hours. The storm is moving pretty quick now and aside from the rough waters, will clear up(hopefully). We have done this cruise 2 times in 2004 on the Grand and 2007 on the Crown. Both times were the reverse port order of this years schedule. In 2004 on the way to Halifax we experienced TS Nicole that just came out of nowhere and we had 25 ft seas and 70 knot winds. There was a lot of flooding on board, the waves came over the main deck and wall boards fell out and hit us during the night. The captain said that the waters were Lumpy!! We had the same captain on the Crown sailing and that one had no storm and went very smoothly! You just never know during hurricane season (our cruses were mid Oct and we still had a TS!) Hope your friends have a nice time. Hope Princess is giving them a wonderful welcome aboard Party tonight!!

Either something went terribly wrong or the CB is having Webcam issues. They were in Bar Harbor earlier today then the cam refreshes and they are San Juan bound...on JULY 1st!!!:p

Didn't another ship have this webcam issue recently?

Either something went terribly wrong or the CB is having Webcam issues. They were in Bar Harbor earlier today then the cam refreshes and they are San Juan bound...on JULY 1st!!!:p

Didn't another ship have this webcam issue recently?

On Sat when I was checking every so often, this picture on the webcam came up as well. I, at first thought the CB was heading south!! A little later NY was on the webcam. I saw the date and realized there was a problem Weird that today it's still the same destination and date!!

Archived