Topless/Nude/Secluded beach???

MikeNBec

HEY! Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year.

We are wondering if anyone knows of topless and/or nude beaches in Cozumel. We're going on the Sensation in June, and DEFINITELY want to do some "catchin' rays" time. Thanks!

(and no, we're not perverts, we're just married and far from dead) :D

Also, we heard that we can rent a moped when we get off the ship...is this true? Thanks!

Although you can go topless on some secluded sections of the east side (the other side) of the island, it is generally not accepted in Cozumel. Forget nudity. Just a warning, while these secluded areas are great for privacy, they are not good places to swim. People have been known to be swept out to sea but the undertow and currents while standing just knee deep in the water. Swim ONLY at the established beach clubs.

Ahhhh, mopeds. Another opportunity to post my top ten list, thank you.

Please, please, please do NOT rent a scooter. Everyday here in Cozumel, people are scraped up off the roads as a result of moped accidents.

Sally's Top Ten Reasons Not to Rent a Moped:

10. Most Cozumel streets are one way, except where they aren't.

9. Most north-south streets have the right of way, except where they don't.

8. Patches of gravel appear in the most unlikely spots, making it easy to skid and topple.

7. The brakes on most of the rentals are not in "perfect" condition.

6. Beautiful seaside vistas take your breath away, and your attention off the road.

5. Many tourists have just been to Carlos 'n' Charlie's and are now behind the wheel of a car.

4. Taxis are racing to see how many fares they can transport in one day.

3. Mopeds have a short wheel base which makes them less maneuverable than, say, a motorcycle. (That's for all of you thinking that if you have a motorcycle license, a moped is a piece of cake.)

2. Mopeds do not have adequate acceleration to get you out of a potentially dangerous situation. (Again, for the motorcyclists out there, you understand what I mean.)

1. Given 2-10, a little road rash is enough to ruin any vacation. Going home in a box falls into another category.

Please be safe, spend a little more and surround yourself with a rental car. Return from your vacation in one piece. Mopeds are not an adventure, they are a danger.

Getting down from my soapbox now...

Yow, MikenBac, you managed to hit both my Cozumel panic buttons in one post! :)

Thanks Sally. We went to Cancun a few times in the past few years and rented mopeds each time, so we know what ya mean! Still fun though. Anyway, we heard about a place called Mezcalitos that has a clothing optional beach behind it, and thats on the east side. A few friends of ours have gone to Cozumel a few times and always laid out topless, but we want something really secluded and/or off the beaten path. Thanks again!

......we heard about a place called Mezcalitos that has a clothing optional beach behind it, and thats on the east side.

Not really. That sign is there for the amusement of the guys that work at Mezcalitos. It isn't secluded. If you want secluded, you have to go south and stop no where near any of the bars. Even then, you will most likely be able to be seen from the road.

If you want clothing optional beaches your best bet is a cruise that does the eastern itinerary. St. Martin has the famous Orient Beach for complete clothing optional fun. The other islands that have a strong Northern European background, especially French, are much more liberal in the regard to the exposure of the human body. Areas of Spanish influence tend to be more conservative, Cancun excepted. That are is under the influence of the all mighty US $ ;)

HEY! Hope you all had a great Christmas and hope you all have a great New Year.

We are wondering if anyone knows of topless and/or nude beaches in Cozumel. We're going on the Sensation in June, and DEFINITELY want to do some "catchin' rays" time. Thanks!

(and no, we're not perverts, we're just married and far from dead) :D

Also, we heard that we can rent a moped when we get off the ship...is this true? Thanks!

We also are going to Cozumel soon, and honestly we hope to see no topless or nude beaches. And yes, we are happily married(15 years) and far from dead:D . The only body I wish to see naked is my better- halfs.

Thanks Sally. We went to Cancun a few times in the past few years and rented mopeds each time, so we know what ya mean! Still fun though. Anyway, we heard about a place called Mezcalitos that has a clothing optional beach behind it, and thats on the east side. A few friends of ours have gone to Cozumel a few times and always laid out topless, but we want something really secluded and/or off the beaten path. Thanks again!

Mezcalitos is a GREAT place to go if you want to see your picture posted on the Internet! :eek:

There is a coupon here for a free slammer if you go:

http://cozumelinsider.com/specials/coupons.html

MikeNBec - At the far left end of Mr. Sancho's Beach Club, two ladies were sunning topless in beach chairs while we were there in May - they were discrete, and not up walking around (like at Playa del Carmen). We asked our waiter about it - he said it was not a problem. We asked other workers, male & female just to be sure, and they all said it was okay at that end. I had also read that topless sunning was okay at the far left end of the beach at Paradise Beach and also on the Passion Island Adventure shore excursion, but not very common. If you search this thread for topless, you should find several previous postings. Have fun on your trip - don't forget the Sensation has an area set aside for topless sunning.

We also are going to Cozumel soon, and honestly we hope to see no topless or nude beaches. And yes, we are happily married(15 years) and far from dead:D . The only body I wish to see naked is my better- halfs.

Lit, thanks for your opinion.......if you see any topless sunbathing, look the other way. Hopefully when my husband and I are married 15 years we will still be in good shape and still enjoying life and trying new things!

MikeNBec - At the far left end of Mr. Sancho's Beach Club, two ladies were sunning topless in beach chairs while we were there in May - they were discrete, and not up walking around (like at Playa del Carmen). We asked our waiter about it - he said it was not a problem. We asked other workers, male & female just to be sure, and they all said it was okay at that end. QUOTE]

Thanks.............I take it you participated? I'm taking for granted you did, because why else would you see someone laying out topless and you had no interest in doing so, and then ask a bunch of people if that was 'allowed'.......

Zy, I misunderstood....I thought you were talking about their pics on their site. You're right, anyone can, but then again, you can go to a regular beach and someone can post you on the net. I get a picture of your face and I can also post it on another persons body, too! LOL........too much to worry about, IMHO. If someone does it to ME, I just hope they put it on a NICE body...........LOL. People hide hidden cameras in dressing rooms, too, but I am not going to stop trying on clothes (just ask my husband!)....:)

Archived