Question about 1st Day on the Diamond

NETexan

Ok folks, we sail a week from today out of Whittier on the Diamond, so hopefully this will my last thread until I come back and tell you how great it was!! This is our 1st ever cruise.

The ship stops boarding at 8pm and sails at 9:30pm. Our plane arrives at Anchorage at 1:10pm with transfer to Whittier through Princess. I am guessing that we should get to Whittier sometime around 4:30-5:00pm (hopefully) and then I don't know how long it will take us to board.

My question is: What are the dining options on the Diamond this first night? Buffet only? I really don't know how long it will take us to get on the ship and to our room, ect.

I had posted previously about not yet receiving any documents from Princess yet from my TA. I was told yesterday that they will arrive Monday. Nothing like getting your "stuff" 4 days before sailing, huh?

Thanks; I have learned more from this forum than anywhere or anyone else!

The first night is generally open seating in the dining rooms. You selected a fixed time- early or late, and not the Personal Choice?? It takes about 1 1/4 hours for a bus transfer, plus tunnel time.

Yes, we opted for the Anytime Dining. "Tunnel Time"?

Since we will be up at about 4am in order to fly out of DFW this same morning, will the dress code in the dining room be understanding on the first night?

Since we will be up at about 4am in order to fly out of DFW this same morning, will the dress code in the dining room be understanding on the first night?

There's a one way tunnel between Anchorage and Whittier. Goes one way from the top of the hour to the half hour and the other way the rest of the hour!:eek:

First night it's generally anything goes as to dinner wardrobe.

Yes the dining rooms are open. You won't be in shorts and flip flops anyway in Alaska, but attire covers a very wide range.

The above is not correct on the open times. The tunnel is open 15 minutes, top of hour Leaving Whittier. Bottom of hour for 15 minutes coming from Bear Valley (Anchorage). http://www.dot.state.ak.us/creg/whittiertunnel/schedules/WhittierSummerSchedule.pdf

We are also on this cruise. Woohoo! I have another question, what are the breakfast times on the second day while we are in the College Fiorjd since we are in there from 6am to 9am? I'm hoping it will begin being offered before 6am since I'm sure we'll be up well before then because of the time change.

We are also on this cruise. Woohoo! I have another question, what are the breakfast times on the second day while we are in the College Fiorjd since we are in there from 6am to 9am? I'm hoping it will begin being offered before 6am since I'm sure we'll be up well before then because of the time change.

There will be room service. And your scenic sailing is WAY beyond these timeframes.

This is a GREAT day to just order room service...coffee..rolls..cereal and enjoy time on the balcony...If you don't have a balcony, then I would suggest getting out to one when you can..It is breathtaking and budget queen is correct..goes on for awhile. We just got back a week ago! LOVED THIS TRIP! What beauty :) Have fun!

Archived