uncomfortable question - toilets on Egypt motorcoach?

John in Cicero

We are going to take a tour of the pyramids, from Port Said. The info says it is a three hour motorcoach ride, each way. I'm taking a medicine that causes sudden diarhea at odd times. Am I in deep doo-doo, so to speak, or do the coaches usually come equipped with potties?

I share your misery!!! I take blood pressure meds. and often have to go every 20 minutes and I have to go RIGHT NOW!!!

Went to Egypt in Jan. We took several trips that involved buses, to alexandria, Giza, from Aswan to Abu Simbel, etc. The buses we had, and it was a different one each day, all had bathrooms on them. That's the good news.....the bad news is they're at the bottom of the steps for the back door of the bus and they were unbelievably dirty...I suggest that you go to Magellans.com and purchase several of their portable bathroom packets. I did, and I was so glad I had them. Each one contains a seat cover, wet wipe, and disinfectant hand wipe. I don't recall what they cost but it wasn't unreasonable and if the bathroom on your bus is anything like the bathroom on our bus, you will thank me later!!! :)

• 2 months later...

yes, the buses should have toilets and they probably are located near the back door.

and yes, they could be clean or dirty! take hand sanitizer and toilet paper ie some kleenex with you just in case.

we had fun just finding the light switch! and how to push open the door, ha, ha.

We just took a Celebrity tour of Cairo out of Alexandria. Our bus had a toilet, that worked for exactly one person. They said it ran out of water, but I think someone put paper in it and got it jammed. The first rest room stop after that was AFTER we saw the Pyramids. Bottom line, don't count on a toilet in a bus. Maybe you need to take some anti diarrhea medicine before you leave.

• 2 months later...
We are going to take a tour of the pyramids, from Port Said. The info says it is a three hour motorcoach ride, each way. I'm taking a medicine that causes sudden diarhea at odd times. Am I in deep doo-doo, so to speak, or do the coaches usually come equipped with potties?

We were on a Princess cruise in Nov and took an overnight tour in Egypt via NIle Blue. The buses were nice and did have toilets, but I was told by the few that needed to use them, that they were "stinky". Surprisingly the toilets at all of the public places we stopped were clean and Americian style.

Archived