Does anyone know anything about these Boston Hotels?

smkozel

Any info on the following hotels for a October pre-cruise stay would be appreciated:

Hampton Inn Boston/Logan Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cambridge

Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Airport

Thanks!:)

Could you give us more details? Exact dates, budget, number of people, number of beds, sightseeing objectives, timing, etc.?

Boston hotels are tough, particularly if you're coming at the start of Columbus day weekend. Of the 3 hotels you listed, Comfort Inn gets the best Tripadvisor reviews. There were some good deals on hotwire a few weeks ago, but they are gone and probably will not come back.

Any info on the following hotels for a October pre-cruise stay would be appreciated:

Hampton Inn Boston/Logan Airport -your basic Hampton Inn, Free breakfast, Free airport shuttle and free shuttle to Subway to go into Boston. Stayed there 5 years ago and it was clean.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cambridge - never stayed there

Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Airport - Recently completed remodeling this past May 2010. They pride themselves as one of the Gold Medal properties in the Choice Hotel Family ( Parent company). They're also taughted as a "Green" Hotel. Free airport shuttle and complimentary continental breakfast. For what it's worth I booked this hotel last November 2009 for September 2010. It's been all sold out for my dates for several months now.

October is peak season with all the cruiseships in port for the fall season and all the activities at area colleges/university. If anyone of these fits you budget and has the dates you need than suggest you book it now.

Hampton Inn Boston/Logan Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cambridge

Comfort Inn & Suites Boston Airport

No, but look into the Langham Hotel. You would be in walking distance of Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Northend etc.

No, but look into the Langham Hotel. You would be in walking distance of Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Northend etc.

The Langham's a lovely hotel (I stayed there recently for an event in town), but it tends to charge accordingly ;). The Langham hotel is within walking distance to the areas listed above and also to South Station for the SL2 Silver Line bus to the cruise terminal (Black Falcon). For what the Langham is likely to charge, I suggest also checking out the Millenium Bostonian hotel which is at Quincy Market (one walks by it on the way to the North End). OTOH, the best way to the Black Falcon terminal from there is probably a taxi.

Enjoy Boston,

--David

• 5 weeks later...
I called that Hampton Inn (we are staying there before our Oct. 2 sailing on Jewel). The front desk told me that their shuttle will also take people to Black Falcon terminal, as well as the airport.

That's a good deal - particularly if you're just flying in and doing an overnight at an airport hotel.

That's exactly what we're doing. Flying in Friday night, cruising out on Saturday afternoon....even better, I booked it as a free Rewards stay with our Honors points!

For our cruise accommodations, we bid on Priceline for the Boston Waterfront/Convention Center area and won the Seaport. Requested 4*. It was very nice. And no tipping, even though we tried to tip our bellman. It is very close to the cruise ship pier. The downside is there's nothing much in that area except the children's museum. But if you just need a nice place to stay overnight.

Then when we came back....same thing....we bid on a 4 star at Boston Logan Airport area and won the Hilton. It was very nice too. We took their free shuttle over to the Hyatt where there's a water taxi station. We rode the water taxi across the Harbor to Long Wharf for a day of touring. Then we came back on the water taxi and called the Hilton's free shuttle and they picked us up again. Also they had a free shuttle to the airport. You can walk thru the Hilton to the airport too, but we were unsure exactly where to walk so we had them drop us off at our particular airline.

You can research winning bids on http://www.biddingfortravel.com

Glad you had such a nice experience. Usually the 4* Waterfront Hotel is the Westin. IMO the Seaport is nicer - 1 close block to the Silver Line and across the street from the waterfront restaurants. You're right - not much in the area, but downtown is very accessible. The Hilton was also a good win - if you're going to stay at the airport, then you want to stay at the airport, not several miles away in Revere or Saugus.

Glad you had such a nice experience. Usually the 4* Waterfront Hotel is the Westin. IMO the Seaport is nicer - 1 close block to the Silver Line and across the street from the waterfront restaurants. You're right - not much in the area, but downtown is very accessible. The Hilton was also a good win - if you're going to stay at the airport, then you want to stay at the airport, not several miles away in Revere or Saugus.

Yeah, we enjoyed them very much. I hadn't heard about anyone winning hotels in Revere or Saugus. According to the biddingfortravel site, the only 4 stars awarded for the airport area are the Hyatt and Hilton. But I guess there's always a chance that they will add to the list.

We loved Boston and would love to go back.

That's the point - there are no 4* hotels in Revere or Saugus. Folks who do not do their careful research might be tempted to bid on a 3* "airport" hotel which could end up being in Revere or Saugus. These are fine hotels for an airport overnight, but are in the wrong direction from the cruise terminal and not at all convenient if you want to get into downtown Boston. You did a great job!

Thanks! It was a gal on cruise critic that first put me onto Priceline and Biddingfortravel. Now I love bidding and I love research.

Hope the original poster has good luck with their hotel research.

• 3 weeks later...
I just called to confirm they would provide shuttle to the port and was told no. Have to take a cab or the Silverline from the airport. UGH!

Which Hampton Inn? Almost no hotel provides a shuttle to the port in Boston. Those hotels that do offer a shuttle are hotels you want to closely scrutinize before you select them. Typically they are in inconvenient locations in what I would describe as "sketchy" areas.

What date are you cruising?

Archived