Cliff Walk-Poison Ivy?

c breeze

I noticed this statement on the Cliff Walk website: "One of the main things to watch for is Poison Ivy which grows well in rainy summer weather along some areas of the path." DH is very sensitive to poison ivy and I would hate for this to ruin our vacation. He just got over a case which lasted several weeks. Has anyone had personal experience with developing poison ivy rash after this walk?

I'm pretty sensitive to poison ivy but I've developed a fairly good eye for it in casual walks. One thing to consider is to pack a small bottle of Tecnu "Oak & Ivy" which I've found to be pretty effective if used liberally to wash exposed areas within a couple of hours of contact. You can get it at drugstores; I buy it online by the quart from Duluth Tradiing.

On my last walk on Cliff Walk from the start to just past the Breakers. I did not see any poison ivy. I can identify it so I keep a casual eye out for it in case I have to warn SWMBO. I won't say there isn't any, but if you stay on the paved portion of CW and don't stray off it, you should be alright.

SBtS

Archived