WiFi

am22

I forgot to ask - how was the WiFi service? I'm taking online college courses and will need to post assignments and other homework, despite being in paradise. Will I be able to use WiFi in my room or is it only the internet centre?

thank you,

andrea

Hello,

WiFi Hot spots are available in the Piano Bar, La Palette, Pool

Deck, Pool Bar, all suites deck 8, all suites on deck 7 from 701 to 726.

Thank you for inquiring.

Paul Gauguin Cruises

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to ask - how was the WiFi service? I'm taking online college courses and will need to post assignments and other homework, despite being in paradise. Will I be able to use WiFi in my room or is it only the internet centre?

thank you,

andrea

Very, very slow.:(

We returned yesterday and they have updated their service. We were on deck 4 and the internet worked fine in our room. I also used it in other areas and I think it now will work throughout the ship. It is slow but not horrible. A site that may take 1 second to open at home will take about 10 seconds on the ship. Not everything is 10 times slower. Once on a site it was pretty fast to navigate around.

55 cents per minute, pay as you go against your cabin. Wired in the Internet room or wireless.

$35.00 for 100 minutes which is paid up front (35 cents per minute)

$62.50 for 250 minutes which is paid up front (25 cents per minute)

No credit for unused time.

If you have a day room at the Radisson at the end of the trip there is free Wifi in the lobby there.

My wife and I both taught online college courses last summer from the Paul Gauguin.

The speed is adequate.

It can never be much better as the satellites are 24,000 miles up (and back). Just like waiting for the water to get to the end of an 100' garden hose...every time you start a down or upload, you have a lag. The actual flow of the data is fair, but every time you press enter, that keystroke has to make a 48,000 mile journey before you get a response. I would suggest you work on whatever you can offline and then post it all at once while on the Internet. Saves a few $$.

Archived