New muster rules

rcandkc

I read on the regent site that all cruise lines will now have new rules requiring muster before departure no matter what time departure is. Is this true with PG? Not that I disagree, but since we leave so late I don't want to be in my pj!s or asleep since we will probably be waiting for those coming from the airport.

Here is the new Muster Policy for Paul Gauguin Cruises

Current legal requirements for conducting a muster of passengers are found in the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and mandate that a muster for embarking passengers occur within 24 hours of their embarkation. Notwithstanding the legal requirement, Paul Gauguin Cruises has identified a best practice that calls for conducting the mandatory muster for embarking passengers prior to departure from port. This muster drill will take place at 5:30 pm on embarkation day. We ask that all guests who have arrived be on board for this drill. Guests arriving after the muster has been completed will be provided with individual or group safety briefings upon embarkation that meet the requirements for musters applicable under SOLAS. This practice exceeds existing legal requirements and has been adopted to ensure that any mandatory musters or briefings are conducted for the benefit of all newly embarked passengers at the earliest practical opportunity.

Paul Gauguin Cruises

Just as I said rcandkc. Except for the 7 day cruises which arrive late others arrive early morning so embarking passengers will have the change to do an early muster. Also now that the flights arrive so late ( used to arrive at 6 before) a number of passengers do a precruise.

There is also nothing like the PG tenders. The skill of the tender masters is very good. Last month I did a cruise down the coast in south america and the local tenders left a lot to be desired. I remember once we had 4 to 5 ft swells in aitutaki and the tender operators moved timed the transfer of each passenger and moved us in a very safe manner.

Just as I said rcandkc. Except for the 7 day cruises which arrive late others arrive early morning so embarking passengers will have the change to do an early muster. Also now that the flights arrive so late ( used to arrive at 6 before) a number of passengers do a precruise.

There is also nothing like the PG tenders. The skill of the tender masters is very good. Last month I did a cruise down the coast in south america and the local tenders left a lot to be desired. I remember once we had 4 to 5 ft swells in aitutaki and the tender operators moved timed the transfer of each passenger and moved us in a very safe manner.

Excuse me but I had a valid question. The 10 night cruise in May plane flight is to arrive near 10 pm and then on to the ship. That is the only flight. So only if you are willing or able pay to for an extra night is this not an issue for you.

Thanks. On Monday 5/21 and 5/23 there is only the afternoon flight that arrives near 10 pm. Apparently on 5/22 there is 2 flights...afternoon that arrives late and the really late flight that lands early am on 5/23. We are going on 5/21 for 5/23 cruise. I believe there will be some arriving very early am on 5/23 and others late on 5/23, thus my question.

Archived