Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program

dexddd

I also think that the parents can go along on some of the excursions as well.

That was one thing I was wondering. We have no problem them going off on tours but there might be a time or place we'd be interested in seeing the same stuff or maybe the tours are short enough we'd have time later on a given day.

• 6 months later...

Bumping up again as time is getting closer. I talked to PG (they are very nice to deal with on the phone) and got some details although still more questions than answers.

We booked our kids for the program and understand we can possibly go on some excursions with them but not sure which ones (sounds like space restricted). How do we know which ones do they go on and which ones we can do with them? Do we just wait until we are on board and bypass any excursions we'd book ahead on our own through third parties or PG? Can we book some PG and cancel on board without penalty (yes, I know, I could probably find this part on the PG site - just looking for first hand knowledge).

I think the program will be great for them as they do stuff on and off the ship and the program is something they will find interesting. I don't mind being flexible and posssibly spending a bit more on excursions for ourselves since the kids program sounds fun. TIA.

I am pretty sure you can cancel what you have booked on board - there may be a 24 or 48 hour time limit though. Cannot PG cruises tell you which ones you can book with your kids? In the old days you used to get the excursions booklet that told you this.

When are you going on your cruise? I will check my excursions booklet at home in case it gives such information.

I will be on the PG next week do you want me to ask the excursion desk for this information? Let me know.

I am pretty sure you can cancel what you have booked on board - there may be a 24 or 48 hour time limit though. Cannot PG cruises tell you which ones you can book with your kids? In the old days you used to get the excursions booklet that told you this.

When are you going on your cruise? I will check my excursions booklet at home in case it gives such information.

I will be on the PG next week do you want me to ask the excursion desk for this information? Let me know.

Thanks Emdee, you are a wealth of knowledge. We are going on 11 night 8/17. If you could ask, that would be great. We already signed kids up and we will keep that as I feel the program will be right up their alley.

Hi dexddd,

I looked at my shore excursion booklet and it says the following with respect to the Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program:

On embarkation day, adults wishing to book activities should meet with the naturalist to determine which excursions and activities are available and best suited for adults to join.

If you dont mind waiting for this when I come back then I can scan the page and fax to you.

If I see the ambassadors around I will also ask them about which tours are usually open to the parents.

Hi dexddd,

I looked at my shore excursion booklet and it says the following with respect to the Ambassadors of the Environment Youth Program:

On embarkation day, adults wishing to book activities should meet with the naturalist to determine which excursions and activities are available and best suited for adults to join.

If you dont mind waiting for this when I come back then I can scan the page and fax to you.

If I see the ambassadors around I will also ask them about which tours are usually open to the parents.

Fabulous - thanks Emdee, that helps a lot. Have a great trip.

No, I don't mind waiting - I've waited many years just for this trip to come around. If you can email, my email is my CC name at hotmail.com (I'd also take a copy of your tips if you don't mind or if you email me I'll send my fax #). Thanks again.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Emdee. Hope you had a great time on your recent trip. I just wanted to touch base if you were able to find out anything about the program.

Thanks.

Sorry forgot to scan the page.

Apparently the kids excursions change that is why they don't list them. One year they had the Rangiroa drift snorkel as a kids excursion for example but then one of the kids got battered by the Coral.

I would book the excursions you want other than for day 1 and then change on board once you speak to the naturalist.

We didn't have any of the ambassadors around as we had a PBS person.

Sorry forgot to scan the page.

Apparently the kids excursions change that is why they don't list them. One year they had the Rangiroa drift snorkel as a kids excursion for example but then one of the kids got battered by the Coral.

I would book the excursions you want other than for day 1 and then change on board once you speak to the naturalist.

We didn't have any of the ambassadors around as we had a PBS person.

Ok, thanks for the update.

Archived