Logan to PVD-Need advice

Sheal

Hi,

Our local and very reasonable shuttle service people won't be able to pick us up from Logan to get us back to Warwick. They too, will be on a cruise.

Our flight arrives at 5:15PM on Veteran's Day and the option is to catch Peter Pan at 6:30 or try to get over to South Station via the Silver Line in order to take Amtrack into Providence. The train leaves South station at 6:45. According MBTA the trip from Logan to South Station takes 20-30 minutes.

I would like to take the train but I'm not sure if it is realistic.

If we have our luggage by 5:35 I'm thinking we can take the train. Does this sound workable on a holiday? I'm thinking the city might be a little less busy being a holiday.

Thanks,

Sheal

Have you considered driving to a Logan Express? They pick up right outside the luggage carousels and once you're on the bus you could be at your car in a half hour. I think parking is $7/day.

Not the same as a ride home, but it's easier than driving in and out of the airport or having people have to meet you at odd hours.

The few times we have come into Logan we didn't have a delay but I figured 30 minutes would cover any delays. I am just not sure how accurate MBTA's times are.

We are going out of NJ so our plan is Amtrack PVD to Newark Penn .

Thanks!

Sheal

In my experience, MBTA times are usually decent. With that said, they may look at you weird with luggage.

I second the idea about parking at a Logan offsite, then taking the Silver Line to South Station, and getting on Amtrak there instead of PVD. That way you can go straight to your car.

Archived