Early morning Air France flight out of Papeete

avalong

I have a question for all you Tahiti-knowledgeable PG folks: I'm thinking of booking a cruise that ends in Papeete at 6:00 a.m. The only flight out that really works for us is Air France at 8:00 a.m. Is this doable, or is it cutting it too close?

I have a question for all you Tahiti-knowledgeable PG folks: I'm thinking of booking a cruise that ends in Papeete at 6:00 a.m. The only flight out that really works for us is Air France at 8:00 a.m. Is this doable, or is it cutting it too close?

One way to make the flight is to leave the ship the day before in Moorea and take the ferry. Of course if you are on Oceania that may not be the final port!

Are you sure the cruise docks at 6 a.m. that day, and not the night before as most of the cruises do? If so, I agree that it's cutting it pretty close.

Thanks everyone for your input. In my heart of hearts I knew it was cutting it too close, but I was hoping that maybe someone on here would say, "Piece of cake! I've done it a million times!" But no.....

It's a Windstar cruise, not PG, so that's why the dock time is different & also why the ferry from Moorea wouldn't work. I believe the last port before Papeete is Huahine.

I couldn't ask my question on the Windstar forum because they haven't started their Tahiti cruises yet--I think they start in May (not sure). And they haven't cruised there for several years, so there's no experience in Tahiti with current flight schedules among the Windstar folks yet.

But I knew the PG folks would know!

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your input. In my heart of hearts I knew it was cutting it too close, but I was hoping that maybe someone on here would say, "Piece of cake! I've done it a million times!" But no.....

It's a Windstar cruise, not PG, so that's why the dock time is different & also why the ferry from Moorea wouldn't work. I believe the last port before Papeete is Huahine.

I couldn't ask my question on the Windstar forum because they haven't started their Tahiti cruises yet--I think they start in May (not sure). And they haven't cruised there for several years, so there's no experience in Tahiti with current flight schedules among the Windstar folks yet.

But I knew the PG folks would know!

Thanks again.

Actually. We do say piece of cake.....but that's what cruising on the PG is.

What made you move to the competition?

Actually. We do say piece of cake.....but that's what cruising on the PG is.

What made you move to the competition?

I really like PG, but I've always wanted to try Windstar so thought we'd give it a whirl.