What must do items would you purchase?

Dunner

Going on the 10 day Society Island/ Tuamotus.---- Sept.

In your opinion is there something you would say "you have to buy ______when you are on_______island.

Are there any other things you would say you have to ______? Any unique spa services that are over the top? Don't do that sort of thing at home ,but if there is something that is fantastic and not to be missed I would love to know before I go. Thanks (Mrs.) Mitch

Also I will be looking for something for my mom==she will be 86 by the time we go==all suggestions welcomed

My mom would like jam so that is an easy gift to get. Was hoping that there was some miracle face cream or something that makes your skin as nice as the F.P. woman's skin--ha If that was the case I would have to go again when my cream ran out!

My mom would like jam so that is an easy gift to get. Was hoping that there was some miracle face cream or something that makes your skin as nice as the F.P. woman's skin--ha If that was the case I would have to go again when my cream ran out!

If like a lot of us you get the Polynesian flu then you will return.....Bali Hai calls you any time any where as the song goes.

Well, even though you can buy one at any beach resort and it was made in Indochina, I love the pareo I bought in Bora Bora. It's bright blue and a pattern I've seen only once (and that was in a tropical fabric store in Kauai) outside of French Polynesia. I take it on most holidays--it also works as a substitute bathrobe in hotels, folds up to nothing and has garnered many compliments.

In addition to serious pearls, you will find single and less perfect pearls on necklaces and bracelets. I bought several for about $10US each when I was last there in 2008 and gave them as gifts. I think I keep a couple for myself this time:)

• 5 weeks later...
I bought the most expensive flip flops in the world onboard after leaving a pair on Fakarava.I now have tracking devices fitted to them.

The 'natives' on Fakarava will enjoy them :D

flipflop_zps747f69bc.jpg

Actually there are no 'big natives' of the marine kind around Fakarava, well that is what I've been told :rolleyes:

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Well, even though you can buy one at any beach resort and it was made in Indochina, I love the pareo I bought in Bora Bora. It's bright blue and a pattern I've seen only once (and that was in a tropical fabric store in Kauai) outside of French Polynesia. I take it on most holidays--it also works as a substitute bathrobe in hotels, folds up to nothing and has garnered many compliments.

In addition to serious pearls, you will find single and less perfect pearls on necklaces and bracelets. I bought several for about $10US each when I was last there in 2008 and gave them as gifts. I think I keep a couple for myself this time:)

I'm with you on the pareos--I love all of mine, I always buy at least one, so I own five or so, and most were made in Indo, but who cares?

On the subject of less serious pearls, there is great mother of pearl jewellery. Unique because of the color--I have a great collar-type necklace, earrings and a hair clip.

Thank you to everyone for their responses----By the way--- where exactly would I purchase Mother Of Pearls?

Lots of places, stands sometimes by the docks, or on Motu Mahana there are usually vendors. In particular there is a covered market area near the dock in Bora Bora that has individual stalls with lots of merchandise for sale. And of course, the upstairs market in Papeete if you can get to it when it's open.

Funny, this reminds of of my recent trip to Barcelona. I did some refresher Spanish practice, and of course, everything in B. is Catalan and Spanish. So I had fun muddling the two languages.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer