Pride of Hawai'i - Photos - Pride of Hawaii

zimmerjulie

I have added a few albums: specialty restaurant menus and some of the Kid's Crew info. I'm still uploading. :)

Electricron, you'll notice from the lack of a picture of it that this ship has no :eek: DRAGON:eek: in the bridge viewing area:( . We can't have everything, I guess.

Michael Savage, a national talk show host who is based out of San Francisco, was doing his show yesterday when he suddenly started talking about two cruise ships in port in S.F. I'm not sure but I think the first one was the Harmony of the Seas, and then he said the other one was the Pride of Hawaii. He was talking about how the ships (all ships in general) are beautiful vessels, and he was excited about it.

It was fun to hear, because, thanks to Zimmerjulies pictures, I could see in my mind what he was seeing as he spoke on the radio.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know what night will be the formal optional night? Also, I think I read something about some nights being 1/2 off at the specialty restaurants-are these the same each cruise?

What times will the main entertainment be each night?

I am trying to figure out when to make dinner ressies each night on the first day of the cruise. We are on the July 10th sailing.

Hi zimmerjulie,

Yes I'm back and had a fantastic time! The ship, as you already know was beautiful! I had an inside cabin, which was perfect for one person, would be fine for two, but three or four would be cramped! I took pics of the cabin and will post once I get them uploaded since some folks may want to see how some "regular" folk travel :)

I thought the food was very good to excellent depending on where I dined. Very slow and poor service on one night only - in Alizar, where the waiter was not quite up to the task. Otherwise no service issues for me. Luckily I didn't experience any problems with food running out and you have to expect buffet food may not always be piping hot by the time you wander around deciding what you want! There was a chocoholic buffet the night of the volcano viewing, but it was at 11pm and I was ready for bed by then (the sun and excursions can sure tire you out!)

Staff was always very friendly, always saying "Aloha" or "Good morning" and were concerned that everyone was having a good time. My cabin steward was on the quiet side, but the cabin was always clean and his schedule for room make up and turn down seemed to match mine (a bonus!).

I booked my excursions through the ship since I was travelling solo and although they may have been more expensive than doing it alone, I liked having the peace of mind. I was not disappointed with any of them, but made sure I did my research first so I knew exactly what I would be seeing. Two highlights: snorkelling at Molokini crater was awesome! Also seeing the sunrise at Haleakala crater was breathtaking -worth getting up at 3am for :)

Entertainment was pretty good; some things more to my liking than others. One thing that was added by the CD Ray was a stargazing nite, where we were able to go to the bow of the ship, in the middle of the pacific ocean and see the stars. And really cool to see things that I can't normally see and the moon crescent "upside down"!

All in all, an excellent experience that I would repeat in a second. Hawaii is beautiful, as was the method of getting there...

Andrea

Hi lomillerin,

For the main entertainment, there were usually two shows, at 7:30pm and 9:30pm with the exception of the volano viewing nite, when it was switched to 7pm and 9pm. I don't recall seeing any reductions for specialty restaurants but mine were booked later in the cruise so perhaps I missed it. Also the formal dining night took place during one of our sea days so not sure what the regular night will be during the 7 day itineraries.

Hopefully this helps a little?

Andrea

Julie....Thank you so very much for posting your pix of the new Black Diamond Suite!!! We are sailing on the Norwegian Pearl and had seriously thought about booking the new OS but....we eat all of our meals en suite so decided not to put our Butler through having to tote all of our trays up that staircase..thus will be sailing in the Blue Diamond on the 10th deck!!! Now possibly thinking about the Black Diamond on the Gem and the possiblility that the color scheme might be toned down a tad!!!

Once again....mahalo nui loa for letting us check out this new OS!!!

Aloha, Barby

AndyP7,

I am so glad you had a such a good time!

I had a cat DD oceanview stateroom on deck 5. I was surprised that it had about an extra 3.5 feet between the foot of the bed and the table/tv area. I am used to them being right at each other (like they were in the insides). It was really nice to have that extra bit of walking space. I'm not in the cabin long enough to gaze out the window much, so I wouldn't pay extra for that....but it is tempting to pay for the extra space!

I look forward to seeing your pictures!

Barby, glad you enjoyed the photos! I'm trying to remember if I got a chance to see the Blue Diamond....what number is that? All of the suites were beautiful. Some people were remarking on the eye-popping color combinations, but I thought they were great, especially for the islands. Of course you are "of the islands" and it seems you wouldn't mind a bit of a "toning down":) My house seems to be all beige so I was in color heaven:D , especially with all the pinks, purples, and flowers.

It's nice of you to think about the butlers and their exercise regimen up and down the staircase.:D I had never seen anything quite like that entry on a ship before...gives you the feeling of being perched way up high. (In a sumptuous purple nest, no less:cool: ).

Hi Julie...

We had the Blue Diamond Suite (OS starboard side) #10004 last September on the Jewel on the NE/Canada cruise. Enjoyed it soooo much that we booked it again for next April on the Pearl!!! Did consider the new OS on deck 15...but the no elevator deal just seemed so burdensome for the Butler especially since we really do have all of our meals en suite and tend to be very Butler intensive. Plan to chat with 15th deck Butler while aboard Pearl to find out about the stairs and meal delivery...would really like to enjoy the terrific verandah on the 15th.

Re: the sumptous purple nest color scheme....you are probably right about it being a good fit for the Hawaii itinerary. We actually enjoy lively color schemes but adore the subdued liveliness in #10004!!!

Once again thank you so very much for the Black Diamond Suite pix...wonder what the suite names are for the 2 deluxe OS on the Pearl's 15th deck!!!!

Aloha, Barby

Archived