Do I need passport for: Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan

valtandc

As a US Citizen traveling on Carnival from NYC what do I need to enter Grand Turk, St. Thomas and San Juan? Is a photo drivers license enough?

Once you get on the ship in NY, to get off and back on in any of those aforementioned ports all you need is your S & S card and your drivers license.

To get on the ship in the first place, you'll need either a passport or a photo ID and a certified (raised seal) copy of your birth cerftificate.

Have a great cruise.

San Juan and St Thomas is still the United States. For Grand Turk, you do not need anything other than your sail and sign card, and photo ID. For closed loop cruises, Leaving and returning to the same port, you do not need a passport.

However, you need a birth certificate, with says "birth certificate", and not a "certificate of live birth". It must also have a raised seal on it. You will need a drivers license for a photo ID.

However, you need a birth certificate, with says "birth certificate", and not a "certificate of live birth". It must also have a raised seal on it. You will need a drivers license for a photo ID.

The terminology changes from state to state; what matters is that the document is issued by the state or county of your birth and is a certified copy of the document recorded. It must not be a certificate issued by the hospital.

Valtandc if you were born in NJ you will need a b.c. from the vital statistics office in Trenton. I had to get one cause their was problems in NJ with falsifying documents. So now you have to go thru Trenton. I got mine and then got a passport so I wouldnt have that problem later. And if an emergency should happen Ill be able to fly from the foreign port. Cant do that with b.c.

Archived