Can aft balconies be adjoined?

tdeyette

On our recent Regal Cruise, we had a balcony that was located next door to our brother and sister in-law. We chose to have the partition opened on our balconies so we could sit, chat, and enjoy a glass of wine together.

It will soon be time to start planning our next “family”cruise and I was curious to see if Aft balconies can be adjoined like this? In particular,on the Crown Princess.

So, does anyone who has sailed on the Crown remembered if you can open a partition?

Thanks I advance

Yes the balcony divider has the usual door that the room steward can unlock.

So you could connect your Owners suite to a Penthouse suite and have half the width of the ship to yourselves - just like a Q1 on Cunard's Victoria & Elizabeth.

So you could connect your Owners suite to a Penthouse suite and have half the width of the ship to yourselves.

That would be a fun time.... but even if we pooled our resources, we most likely could not even afford one of those rooms :)

What cabins are you looking at?

I was looking at deck 11 (Baja) on the Crown...

at this time B750 to B757 are open (the end corners are sold)

another question, our brother in-law is sensitive to diesel smoke... do you ever smell the ships exhaust while on the aft deck?

Thanks

We were on Crown and had B749 &B751 and opened the divider with no problem.

B751 had a nice size balcony but does have an obstruction from the beam- the beam was not an issue for us but only you can decide if it would bother you. I believe that B750 is situated similarly. If you check out the deck plan you can see which of the aft balcony rooms have obstructions and the size of the cabin including balcony that may be helpful as you decide on your cabins. ( I know this is a bit of an aside from your question get it may be of interest).

We did not have any issues with soot and enjoyed our aft balcony.

Hope this helps.