Cozumel time?

alyssa0922

Every Princess ship I have been on changes the ship's time to match local time, if that is you question.

Just for future reference, Princess ships on the 7-day Mexican Riviera (Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta) itinerary do not have ship's time match local time while in Puerto Vallarta. For Vallarta, ship's time is one hour behind local time (and this may vary during DST change periods).

Other than that, our experience aboard Princess matches yours.

Thank sknight, that is the info I was needing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are asking because you are booking some excursion, know that all the tour operators know when the ships arrive, disembark and leave the port. You don't have to worry about time or zones if booked with a reliable tour company.

Seems to me we were told that yes, instead of going back and forth and confusing people more re time to back on the ship etc. when it was just one stop, the ship didn't tell us to turn our clocks one way or the other. Just stay on ship's time that day. There were signs when we disembarked to remind people.

When I was on Carribbean, the ship stayed on eastern

daylight time for the entire cruise, including cozumel.

I posted a picture of the patters here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44013593&postcount=9

I think that may have been to confusing to some people & they've began changing the ship clocks for the 2 Mexican ports. If you look at a clock while on land it could lead to a serious miscalculation if you cut things that close.

When I was on Carribbean, the ship stayed on eastern

daylight time for the entire cruise, including cozumel.

I posted a picture of the patters here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44013593&postcount=9

9/25 cruise the CB changed to local time in Cozumel. For this and many other things, it is best to look in the Patter, look at the menu,or go with the flow for the information you seek when you are on the ship instead of trying to find out beforehand as things may change from now to then. I am amazed that before the Internets, one looked at a brochure, then got on the ship with only a smidgen of information, had a great time and found that everything when off without a hitch.

Thank you all for the info!

Yes weedpindle, it is good to just go with the flow and enjoy your vacation, as we do, but sometimes when one is trying to coordinate times with multiple parties who are on the cruise and who are staying on the island it is necessary to know what time to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think that may have been to confusing to some people & they've began changing the ship clocks for the 2 Mexican ports. If you look at a clock while on land it could lead to a serious miscalculation if you cut things that close.

Interesting.

It once again shows not to trust the pronouncements that

are so common here ... like 'the ship always changes to local time'.

Things change. Pronouncements, not so much.

Interesting.

It once again shows not to trust the pronouncements that

are so common here ... like 'the ship always changes to local time'.

Things change. Pronouncements, not so much.

I really don't pay that much attention to the time changes since it's been years that we've taken a full day tour anywhere but if we were I certainly would make sure I was synched with the ship time.