Carnival Fantasy Review & Pics/ June 5th, 2010 Sailing

:) Thanks again for your time to do this!

Very much enjoyed! :D

Think I've viewed them all ... but could have missed :rolleyes: Do you have a FULL Side-View of the ship?

Thank you for enjoying it! I wasnt expecting many people to be so interested. I am pleasantly pleased. :o

I dont have a FULL side view of the ship except for one that I took of Fantasy when it was pulling in to Charleston but I was seriously miles away. Sorry about that. I will post it if you want to see it though.

What a wonderful account of your trip! You have a very compelling style and the accompanying photos are delightful. (Your narrative is also evocative as we were on the Fantasy in April before she made the move to Charleston).

I review manuscripts as part of my job yours is - hands down - the best piece of writing I've seen today.

I am glad that you have enjoyed what you have read so far. Writing has been a passion of mine since I was around 12 years old. I used to write all the time but it sort of got pushed to the back burner due to life/work/kids.

I am completely flattered that you found this review enjoyable considering your job. Maybe I still "have it". ;)

Great review and pix! My hubby and I sailed on the Fantasy for our honeymoon in 1994. At that time, the ship sailed from Pt Canaveral and went to Freeport and Nassau. Only a 3 night cruise, but had a blast!

The ship has been updated so much (I'd hope so!) But can still see the old Fantasy underneath. Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Sailing on the Pride in 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Ave

We sailed on Fantasy in Feb 2004 as friends with two other people. We consider that our "anniversary" date now because that is where Andrew and I made our connection. We have been inseparable since. Ours too was a 3 night cruise out of Port Canaveral. I grew up watching the Love Boat so it was pretty much a given that I would ADORE cruising. :)

I had so much fun reading your review. We were on the same sailing...sorry we didn't meet.

The R rated Hypnotist was pretty hilarious. When he convinced the guy in the audience to go around to people and tell them how hard working the staff was and to not be a cheap **** and tip them well---we thought we'd wet our pants.

Thanks for all help before our cruise. We really loved the area and hope to sail from there again!

I am also sorry we didnt meet!

I am totally kicking myself for not going to this show. Deep down I think I was afraid I too would be hypnotised and act a fool! :eek:

You are welcome for the help! :D

Nancy, your review has got to be one of my all time favorites! It may even be the number 1! I have laughed so hard and so many times that my son came out of his room (yes! off his computer game, I know - hard to believe)

It's so nice to see people having fun. Love it! You and Andrew are certainly making memories.

My favorite posting of yours is the picture of Andrew pointing to his T-Shirt. Honestly, spew time of my ice tea. Excellent! Second I believe is the Number 1 and Number 2 seats.

I've been on the Fantasy twice, in October we go on the Valor, January the Elation. I hope they stand up to my expectations set by the Fantasy and her crew.

Thanks again for taking the time to do such a great review.

Wow! Thank you so much for that sentiment! I really wanted to be able to show everyone different parts of the ship and let people enjoy it through our eyes.

The Andrew pointing at his shirt pic is one of my favorites too. I was hoping to be able to sneak it in there undetected. YAY!

Where are Valor and Elation sailing out of? Just curious because I had a dream I was on a ship the other night and it was the Valor. I had won a free cruise (in my dream). Maybe it will come true. :o

We live in Mt. Pleasant, too, and we always take Charleston Black Cab to the terminal. They are soooo roomy and easy to get in and out of. They also have very good air conditioning!

Thanks for the tip - I've seen those great cabs around town. I'm sure they know what they're doing and where they're going!

One of the most entertaining I have ever read here. Your descriptions and viewpoints are different than most reviews and it has been quite refreshing. I got so caught up in the review that I almost felt as if I were standing behind you and looking at the same thing as you took the picture. Very detailed and your pictures are of things that most other reviewers don't give to us. There are lots of good reviews on CC, then there's yours! I really hate to see debarkation day come and the end. So now I sit wishing my life away to get to September when I sail for the 4th time on the Fantasy.

Until then, can you go on another cruise just so I can read another of your reviews?????

I really appreciate that Chief Cruiser! I really was going for the "stand behind us and look what I see" type of review so I am glad it is coming across that way! Your comment made my day!! I was really worried I would get flamed. :o

I would absolutely love to go on another cruise and write another detailed review if only I could find me a sugar daddy. The Andrew said he wouldnt mind. Otherwise, we wont be booking again until tax season next year. Or if Andrew finds a job. Its been 7 months! :confused:

Okie dokie folks. Bandwith issue resolved. I had to upgrade to Pro. So, now that I have unlimited bandwith I am going to upload all the final day pictures and finish up this review so you guys can have some closure. ;)

No!!!!! I don't want closure.....your review has become my new obsession:o. I wake up in the morning and check it....I check it at work....I check it at night at home.... I think I might just go through review withdrawal...LOL.

Seriously, thanks so much for taking us on a journey, rather than just a critique of what you loved and hated. The bar has just been raised for any other review I read;)

No!!!!! I don't want closure.....your review has become my new obsession:o. I wake up in the morning and check it....I check it at work....I check it at night at home.... I think I might just go through review withdrawal...LOL.

Seriously, thanks so much for taking us on a journey, rather than just a critique of what you loved and hated. The bar has just been raised for any other review I read;)

Oddly enough I dont think the review wants closure either. My camera's battery just died so now I cant upload any photos unless someone from our I.T. dept. has a way. I will check at lunch.

I got obsessed with a few reviews before my cruise too. One of them never finished. :rolleyes: Glad to be worthy of an obsession! :D

You are welcome. After writing about debarkation, I intend on scanning the Fun Times for the whole week and touching on a few things like: things I packed that I didnt need, some things I wish I had done/known to bring & pictures of locations around the ship that we took on the final day. I cant wait to book again! :p

You are welcome. After writing about debarkation, I intend on scanning the Fun Times for the whole week and touching on a few things like: things I packed that I didnt need, some things I wish I had done/known to bring & pictures of locations around the ship that we took on the final day. I cant wait to book again! :p

Excellent....more to look forward to after debarkation :D We haven't even gone on our first cruise yet, and I am looking at where to go next :rolleyes: DH thinks I am nuts, but I'll bring him over to the "dark side" :p

Terrific review. I have 58 days before I sail on her. Your pictures are wonderful and have me dreaming of what's to come.

We are on the same cruise as you, we can't wait!! It will be our first on Carnival!

Okie dokie folks. Bandwith issue resolved. I had to upgrade to Pro. So, now that I have unlimited bandwith I am going to upload all the final day pictures and finish up this review so you guys can have some closure. ;)
Closure my A..!! :( Young lady, you get your tail BACK on that ship and you keep reviewing until you have learned your lesson or you are told you can leave!!:D. Seriously, that is the BEST review ever. My DW and I go on our first cruise in oct. and thanks to YOU, it will be shear torture until then!!:D;)

Closure my A..!! :( Young lady, you get your tail BACK on that ship and you keep reviewing until you have learned your lesson or you are told you can leave!!:D. Seriously, that is the BEST review ever. My DW and I go on our first cruise in oct. and thanks to YOU, it will be shear torture until then!!:D;)

Yes sir. Anything you say sir! :)

Thanks for enjoying our insanity and silliness!

I wish I were going on a cruise in October. That is the hardest part. You wait and you wait and then you are on the ship, then off it and you get to listen to all these other folks getting ready to hop onboard. That is the torturous part to me. :(

Oddly enough I dont think the review wants closure either. My camera's battery just died so now I cant upload any photos unless someone from our I.T. dept. has a way. I will check at lunch.

I got obsessed with a few reviews before my cruise too. One of them never finished. :rolleyes: Glad to be worthy of an obsession! :D

This review is so good you should have been paid to write it. I've read alot of reviews on here and this is hands down the best. I'm looking forward to what you didn't need to pack. I'm having trouble with my packing list being too long. You should start a blog online somewhere and just write. I would love to read it. You seem like a fun person! :cool:

This review is so good you should have been paid to write it. I've read alot of reviews on here and this is hands down the best. I'm looking forward to what you didn't need to pack. I'm having trouble with my packing list being too long. You should start a blog online somewhere and just write. I would love to read it. You seem like a fun person! :cool:

Thanks! My boyfriend has said the same thing. I was thinking of starting a blog. Just not sure how to set all that up. :rolleyes:

Since the whole camera fiasco this morning I have been compiling my lists and issues I have seen repeatedly show up in threads. Maybe enlighten a few humans.

We just like having fun! :D

OnBoard, Muster & Sailaway: At this point is probably around 12:15 or so. Guest Services is right in the atrium so we immediately went over and put $200.00 each on our S&S account. Then up to lido…where the magic happens.

Cruise2010011.jpg

We walked onto lido with big smiles on our faces. And of course the first order of business is the drink of the day which today was Funship Special.

Cruise2010009.jpg

Cruise2010007.jpg

We ran into Cruise Critic member Andy who took our picture for us. I noted that the Jacuzzi said Adult’s Only but lookie here…

Cruise2010014.jpg

tiniest adult ever. We made our way over to the smoking side of the ship and took in our surroundings. At some point we got tired of hauling our stuff around and snuck down to our room to drop off our carry on and turn our bed. Yes, the doors were shut to the hallway, but they weren’t locked. I know, I know the doors are shut for a reason but our room was ready anyway. I checked our closet for bathrobes and yay…

Cruise2010018.jpg

there they were! Dropped our things and headed back to lido. Today was Italian day in the buffet area so naturally I had to have a little bite of something. The baked fish and stuffed tomato were delicious. Had some olives too which I think were the best olives I have tasted…ever.

Cruise2010025.jpg

My family and I are in your first picture of the Lido Deck...

Loving your review - you did a great job. You must have been taking notes.

Ok, gonna try to sneak in one more day

Day 2 @ Sea: This morning we got up around 10am which felt fabulous. We had all intentions of making it to the MDR for breakfast but since we overslept it was lido deck buffett instead. I am sad to say that there are no pictures of this nom fest because I was so terribly hungry that I forgot to take a breakfast picture. This would be the case for most of the week. The Andrew would ask “did ya take a picture?” and me saying “crap” then Andrew rearranging the food so it wouldn’t look like it had been munched on. Anyway, I had an omlet from the omlet station where the pizza is served in the back of Windows on the Sea. The bacon police were not present at the buffet line but I only took a few pieces for us to share. All the breakfast food was really really good!

There are some really amazing bartenders at our favorite bar on the smoking side of Lido. Look for Ramona, Dalibor, Koli and Jose’. This is Ramona and Dalibor who we nicknamed Heavy D.

Cruise2010066.jpg

Here is Heavy D and Koli.

Cruise2010435.jpg

Andrew had his first double bloody mary of the cruise and I had the drink of the day the Yellowbird.

Cruise2010057.jpg

Let me tell you the lido deck was PACKED with people. I saw a few chair hogs but for the most part people were actually sitting in their chairs and baking in the sun.

Cruise2010056.jpg

One woman actually moved her chair in the middle of a pathway but she moved it after getting bumped around a bit. Lots of kids on this cruise. I heard a rumor circulating that there were 1100 kids. Lots of graduating high school seniors but all seemed pretty well-behaved. I wanted to trip a few that were running but that is just the dark side of my personality popping through.

We had several drinks that day but one of my favorites The Frozen Funky Monkey that was the winner for the Master of Mixology contest won by….da da dada…Andy from Cruise Critic! Congrats Andy! I had about 3 of those along with:

Kiss on the Lips

Cruise2010068.jpg

Miami Vice

Cruise2010069.jpg

Ha Ha Ha - thanks for mentioning me and my now famous / infamous Frozen Funky Monkey...

You are so funny.

Those are so beautiful! They were all over Freeport and Nassau, too. I just had to ask the locals about them. They're called Royal Poinciana (Delonix regia). I want to live in a forest of them! :D

This is an awesome review thread!

I was on the same cruise, and also met Buck and clan. The triplets are SOOOO CUTE!!!

Hung out with Andy "Funky Monkey" quite a bit as well, mostly in the piano bar. He's a hoot! :D

I think I met y'all, too? I meet so many people on the ships that I get confused sometimes. :o

My favorite Pam!!! I guess you made it home safe and sound.

I've gone through some Rick and Pam withdrawl since leaving the boat...

I created a Facebook Fan Page for Rick - join Facebook and search Rick "the Piano Man" - I posted a bunch of pictures and videos...

I really appreciate that Chief Cruiser! I really was going for the "stand behind us and look what I see" type of review so I am glad it is coming across that way! Your comment made my day!! I was really worried I would get flamed. :o

I would absolutely love to go on another cruise and write another detailed review if only I could find me a sugar daddy. The Andrew said he wouldn't mind. Otherwise, we wont be booking again until tax season next year. Or if Andrew finds a job. Its been 7 months! :confused:

Well, I hope Andrew finds a job real soon AND you find a sugar daddy!!!!! Then you could go on a couple of cruises and that means more reading enjoyment for me and the rest of the CC'ers who are following you.

You're cute and I could be your sugar daddy if it wasn't for one thing: I don't have any sugar to spare. As with most folks, I work more than one job just make ends meet and be able to take a cruise so I'd better keep what little sugar I have for me and the misses. BTW, Andrew might not mind you having a sugar daddy and the misses wouldn't either...... just so long as it wasn't me!!!!!! haha

One hint to the rest of the readers. In the "spirit" of feeling that I was there when she took the pictures, if you go home and get about half-tanked, the blurry pictures look normal!!!!!!! ;)

Edited by Chief Cruiser

I love your review :). I just got back from the Fantasy, May 30th sailing (I have a review in my blog, but I haven't gotten to the last sea day yet).

It's really nice because I feel like I'm reliving my cruise looking at your pictures, haha. Especially the food pics... yummy!

Thanks to our fabulous I.T. dept I was able to upload the last day photos. Lets see if I can get through debarkation without crying. Afterward I will see if I can get the Fun Times scanned in and give you all some additional insights on my thoughts and address some "issues" that come up on these threads so often. These are my opinions though and we all know what opinions are like...yeah, and everybody has one. Onward...

The Dreaded Day of Debarkation (BOO!)- We awoke to the sound of the bow thrusters (still never figured out if that is what it was) and collectively moaned "NOOOOOO!". We are back home. We looked out the window into the darkness as the port slowly drifted into view. I beat my pillow to a pulp and kicked my feet like a two year old that just dropped her ice cream cone into sand after just one lick. We sat up in bed like the living dead. I dont want to do this. I look over at the artwork on the wall next to the bed and notice it for the first time.

Picture2248.jpg

Yeah girl. I know exactly how you feel.

We shower, get dressed and gather our toiletries for the final sweep of the room to make sure nothing is forgotten. Moving the bed back against its proper wall was almost more than I could stand. Shall we away for our final breakfast in the MDR. Ok, here goes.

Eggs Benedict for Andrew

Picture2266.jpg

Cream Cheese/Salmon/Bagel thingy for me

Picture2265.jpg

Oh, and an omlet with cheese and ham

Picture2264.jpg

Those potato rounds are really tasty too. Probably not too good for ya though.

Andrew's forks were lined up just like this when he sat down. Strange

Picture2262.jpg

Here is a picture of the juices available in the outside lido deck buffet area. They did not have the guava numminess on the inside because if they did I would have made cocktails with it all week long. It was GOOD! We know better for next time though.

Picture2269.jpg

Back down to the room to grab the remainder of our rum because I MUST make some cocktails with this heavenly sorta-juice.

Picture2348.jpg

Picture2346.jpg

They began calling self assist EARLY! Hennie actually apologized for it being so early. I want to say it was 6:30am. They began calling by starboard and deck level. I am so glad we didnt do self assist. We want to hang around onboard until we are pushed off.

Here is our zone number

Picture2347.jpg

They called zones in what appeared to be groups of 3 or 4 after all self assist were gone. Being that it is our last day on the ship I wanted to take as many pictures of the ship that I could so that you all would have a visual of the different areas.

Your varied dining options on lido deck

Picture2233.jpg

Cleopatra's Bar where Sing Along With Rick was

Picture2253.jpg

Picture2254.jpg