2014 Cruise Brides!!

Bo59rt

When does the wedding coordinater get intouch with you before the Wedding.. Ours is two weeks from today and have yet to get a call about final details.. I would have thought they would have called before now but i sent an Email and they said they are working on our package and will get with us in the weeks ahead.... Really?? Thats all the answer i get?

I have to say that they are not much for staying in touch and comforting you in letting you know how the process is and will go.. I would have thought they would atleast call and check in with you and see if you had any questions seeing as how we are paying them and it is there job..

Am i wrong?

We didn't get any calls (to be fair on that point, I had expressed from the beginning that unless I call them, email is the best method of communication, I work in a contact centre and cannot take personal calls unless they are an emergency). All of our times/locations were confirmed 3 days in advance, but everything went beautifully the day of

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We didn't get any calls (to be fair on that point, I had expressed from the beginning that unless I call them, email is the best method of communication, I work in a contact centre and cannot take personal calls unless they are an emergency). All of our times/locations were confirmed 3 days in advance, but everything went beautifully the day of

I'm just not a last minute person.. I like details plenty ahead of time. Don't like last minute things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm just not a last minute person.. I like details plenty ahead of time. Don't like last minute things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm the same way. We emailed daily and were always told the info wasn't available

When does the wedding coordinater get intouch with you before the Wedding.. Ours is two weeks from today and have yet to get a call about final details.. I would have thought they would have called before now but i sent an Email and they said they are working on our package and will get with us in the weeks ahead.... Really?? Thats all the answer i get?

I have to say that they are not much for staying in touch and comforting you in letting you know how the process is and will go.. I would have thought they would atleast call and check in with you and see if you had any questions seeing as how we are paying them and it is there job..

Am i wrong?

Frequent communication so close would be "nice" for sure! You must be soooo excited at this point!

We are 60 days out and just sent our coordinator a very detailed timeline of our expectations. Their response was that this is something they wish everyone did. While we rely on our coordinators, we are nervous about making sure everything goes off just right. Trying to make plans from 1800 miles away is not easy on the nerves, but exciting.

One thing I've picked up on from my months of cruise wedding research, is that you need to be prepared for a lack of details and a lot of unknowns. And you can't be a bridezilla about all of the details. Some people get all the initial paperwork early, showing options, some don't get it until a couple months before wedding. You may not get a choice about the exact venues. You probably won't know many details until the week of the wedding. You may get delayed boarding due to customs. You may have 1.5 hours on ship to get ready or you may have 20 minutes. There are a lot of things that you can't control and you need to be able to just go with the flow. But, in the end, I've seen very few people really complain about their cruise wedding and things seem to usually fall into place. Most of these cruise wedding turn out amazing in the end. So, I figure I just need to accept how things are, take it all in stride, trust that my wedding will be awesome (and if not, that I'll at least be married to an awesome man at the end of that day) and just enjoy the ride. And I figure that I chose this wedding option to avoid all the typical planning stress, so I need to just enjoy the lack of planning involved, even if that means that I even fully know the plan.

We are 60 days out and just sent our coordinator a very detailed timeline of our expectations. Their response was that this is something they wish everyone did. While we rely on our coordinators, we are nervous about making sure everything goes off just right. Trying to make plans from 1800 miles away is not easy on the nerves, but exciting.

Hey if you don't mind can you send me a copy of things you wrote to them. We are 52 days out and I already sent ALL of my papers in from Guest list to wedding cake. I want to make a timeline but I'm not sure about going about it. My email is jessicalkendrick@yahoo.com.

Thank you:)

Frequent communication so close would be "nice" for sure! You must be soooo excited at this point!

Oooh, can I get a copy of it, too! wedding@lee-lynam.com

I'm still about 4 months out from my wedding, but it would be nice to put together something like that when I send in all my paperwork.

Congrats! When are you getting married? I know that time is a big constraint with getting your hair done on the ship. I have heard many stories of brides getting an early hair apt (before the salon opens) but this is limited to one person a day being able to do this. I also don't think you can book this until you get on board. If you get your hair done in key west do you have a place for the hair dresser to meet you? or are you going there in your wedding dress? (or coming back to the ship to get changed?) Many things to take into consideration.

Good Luck planning!!!! I am happy to say i'm down to my time crunch and almost done before I can relax and enjoy my final few weeks as a single lady!

I am getting married October 27th, 2014 on Smathers Beach Key West, FL. :D I decided just to go with a salon in Key West, they will be picking us up at the port and I can get ready their. I'm so excited, I'm just waiting now.

We were engaged January 31, 2014. We are planning our cruise wedding for January 25, 2015 aboard the Carnival Sensation prior to sailing. So so excited, can't wait to hear how everyone else's experience goes.

I'm getting married on the Sensation in April, 6 weeks from today actually. Let me know if you have any questions. This will be my 3rd time on the ship.

I'm getting married on the Sensation in April, 6 weeks from today actually. Let me know if you have any questions. This will be my 3rd time on the ship.

I can't wait to hear your review of the wedding. I've read a few and they all seem mostly positive. We chose the Let us Serve you package so we could have just our parents at the wedding then invited all of our friends and other family to cruise with us.

Only one week and one day until our Carnival Paradise wedding! This next week we will be tieing up all the last minute details. But, all of the big stuff is done. I'm excited but I also have that nervous anticipation feeling. Time is flying by, the engagement has gone by so quickly. I'm looking forward to the big day. I hope everything goes smoothly and that we have a wonderful wedding and cruise.