Early booking Chankanaab?

Linnearose

At the moment, the dolphin swim at Chankanaab offers a deal where you save 25% if you book before Oct 31st. I'm thinking whether to book now or whether to leave it a bit closer to the cruise (april).

Does anyone know if they run these kind of deals a few times a year, or is it best to book it now so I get the 25% off? I think we're almost 100% sure we want to do this excursion...but as it's still quite a while until the cruise, I find it hard to book and plan already...BUT if they only have this deal now, maybe it's wise to book it already..

At the moment, the dolphin swim at Chankanaab offers a deal where you save 25% if you book before Oct 31st. I'm thinking whether to book now or whether to leave it a bit closer to the cruise (april).

Does anyone know if they run these kind of deals a few times a year, or is it best to book it now so I get the 25% off? I think we're almost 100% sure we want to do this excursion...but as it's still quite a while until the cruise, I find it hard to book and plan already...BUT if they only have this deal now, maybe it's wise to book it already..

I went through the same thing and kept watching for the buy get one free deal. But finally booked with the 25% off the Encouter one. most other big saving was on the swims which DW could not do. Not a bad saving on the 25% off but wouldn't you know it the very next week they ran a buy one get one for $1.00. Called them about it but there was a refund fee charge and after paying that would only save a few dollars. So my advice is to keep watching the website for them. You have plenty of time to book yet.

The Ump

John

I went through the same thing and kept watching for the buy get one free deal. But finally booked with the 25% off the Encouter one. most other big saving was on the swims which DW could not do. Not a bad saving on the 25% off but wouldn't you know it the very next week they ran a buy one get one for $1.00. Called them about it but there was a refund fee charge and after paying that would only save a few dollars. So my advice is to keep watching the website for them. You have plenty of time to book yet.

The Ump

John

Thanks for your input! Yes, I think I will leave it for a while and see what happens...

I would like to know this as well, as I thought they wouldn't let you book thru them if they knew you were a cruise passenger?

Some on these boards report success with making their own booking but instead of the cruise ship they list themselves as staying at a local large tourist hotel; of course you might want to leave our cruise ship towels behind if you try this. ;)

Thanks... I have tired to book this type of thing before and told no as I was honest and said I was sailing in. I have read that some locations ask to see a room key to prove your there in a hotel. Of course I take everything I read with a grain of salt but I would sure hate to get to there and be turned away. It would upset me and the kiddos.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on their website now and the same 25% off special is going on now if you book by November 30. So, it seems like the special runs a few times.

How do you do that? Can you book through them and not the cruise line?

I thought it would be a problem, but I went on the website just to check out their prices and just decided to "book" an excursion and I chose that I was arriving via cruise. I didn't get a warning stating I had to book through the cruise line or a disclaimer stating if I was with Carnival that I had to go through them. The last one has happened before but I can't remember with which tour provider.