Do you suffer from PCD??? And what are you doing about it???

cruisinsince75

icon_smile.gifWe sailed The Grand Princess on 4/25.Came back on 5/2.Have been depressed ever since!I'm not sure if it's just pcd or if it's because It's been so rainy(about every day)that we can hardly ride the new Harley Davidson we bought to help cure the pcd! icon_biggrin.gifEither way,we are planning our next one for June 2006,our silver anniversary.Too bad Princess won't book that far ahead,the anticipation is killing us already! icon_biggrin.gif

We sailed on Mariner of the Seas on 3/14. Prior to that I had made the decision that for 2005 we would be renting a luxury cabin in the Smokies instead of cruising. Found the cabin, was ready to book it. Went on the cruise. Long story short, never booked the cabin. I was unhappy getting off that ship -- all I could think about was "no cruise until 2006". Fixed it real quick - booked a cruise on the Caribbean princess for 1/15/2005. Doesn't really matter that its 7 months off - mentally I know I've got a cruise booked and that's all that counts for me. Takes away my PCD immediately.

Deb in South Florida

Caribbean Princess 01/15/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Its crazy but I always have to have a cruise booked..sometimes two. We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas in March and already had the Caribbean Princess booked for September...guess what..when we got back...we booked Carnivals Destiny. So, the only answer I have is to book another cruise immediately after. Its a must....it keeps my sanity at work!

9/11/04 ...days left til the Caribbean Princess!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;09;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Destiny, here we come 4/10/05!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;4;10;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

islesun_e0.gif

3/04 Adventure of the Seas

9/03 Majesty of the Seas

3/03 Radiance of the Seas

3/00 Victory

To be honest, the last cruise I went on was 10 years ago, but I can remember how much I was depressed when we got off. The real reason though was that I was a teenager and had made friends that I didn't want to leave.

However, I am still 6 weeks and 5 days away from my Golden sailing and I am already depressed about it ending.

My biggest problem is pre-cruise apathy. I have just put almost everything off until late July! That's not good.

One thing that will help me is the website that I manage. I get to read all these great patters and menus and it makes me feel like I am on the boat.

JON

MAKE SURE YOU GO TO MY NEW PATTERS AND MENUS SITE:

patters.gif

www.geocities.com/pattersandmenus

Golden Princess 7/11/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;11;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Big Red Boat-1993 (Amy)

Celebrity Zenith-1993 (Jon)

Absolutely start scheming and plotting for time off and planning a cruise. I have a delightful aft BB on the CP for October, just have to be sure DH can get the week off. (I kind of kid it in reverse this time because I found the price and room availability & just couldn't pass it up!)

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

We can take a major vacation only once a year, mostly due to limited vacation time. However, we always try to keep a vacation booked, or in the planning stages. That way we're excited about the next cruise when the previous one ends.

We're going on the Tahitian Princess in February 2005, but we had it booked even before we left for Hawaii in 2004. We're currently heavily involved in the planning of the 2005 cruise and have some excursions booked already.

In about 6 months, even though we're planning for 2005, we'll begin seriously looking at 2006 and will likely book that cruise before leaving for Tahiti or as soon as we get back.

We've looked at what's currently available and we're considering back-to-back 7 day or back-to-back 10 day cruises, as well as Australia/New Zealand. Any suggestions?

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess, back-to-back

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'04 Hawaii, 2 weeks on land

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

We just got back from Adventure of the Seas on 5/12/04. We also can't stand not having another cruise booked. So the week after we got home, we booked Golden Princess for 11/7/04. Now I can go to our new Roll Call everyday & dream about our upcoming cruise.

cruisinsince75 - Haven't seen you on our Roll Call for a while. Are you still going on the Golden?

Gail

In addition to having at least one cruise booked, it helps to relive your memories (reflection stage) with coworkers, friends, family, and even total strangers. Sooner or later you hook up with someone who has also cruised, then you can share your PCD misery.

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

It is terrible, I hate PCD! ARG!

Got home in April and thought that this time it would not hit me. Found out it was because I had been sick for almost a month after I returned. (picked up something either on the ship or on the return).

As soon as I started feeling better, WHAM! It hit like a ton of bricks.

Now I have until October to wait until the next cruise. It is DH fault though as we took 4 cruises last year and this year it will only be 2.

Thankfully we have our own business and we can come and go as we please, but it doesn't help everytime. There still has to be the funds to feed this addiction of ours.

I can't imagine only being able to cruise once a year, that would drive me mad.

What I do to cushion the PCD symptoms is shop for clothes for the next sailing and get things organized for packing. Read the cruise boards on the internet and whine a lot. ROFL

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Just off the Conquest 9 days ago, still depressing to think about it. Just over 5 months will be back to sea again on the Sun Princess.

Check out our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/natron24

Premier Royale 7/87

Sovereign of the Seas 11/90

Enchanted Seas 4/91

Ecstasy 11/91

Celebration 6/92

Crown Princess 11/92

Enchanted Seas 12/92

Tropicale 6/93

Crown Princess 11/93

Enchanted Seas 12/93

Celebration 6/94

Regal Princess 10/94

Enchanted Seas 12/94

Tropicale 4/95

Regal Princess 10/95

Enchanted Isle 5/96

Enchanted Isle 8/96

Crown Princess 10/96

Nieuw Amsterdam 4/97

Enchanted Isle 9/97

Celebration 10/97

Enchanted Isle 4/98

Norwegian Star 7/98

Celebration 11/98

Enchanted Isle 12/98

Norwegian Sea 5/99

Enchanted Isle 11/99

Enchanted Isle 5/00

Destiny 11/00

Inspiration 5/01

Celebrity Century 11/01

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Carnival Conquest 5/03

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/03

Carnival Conquest 5/04

Sun Princess 11/04

Fishes_kiss.gif

No I didn't, will have to take a look. Thanks!

Edited to add:

Well, I knew I drug all those home for a reason. lol When I sent that box to cruiseclues, it was huge.

Do you know the story about the missing date? It is hilarious. We crossed the dateline and lost a day and I looked for several days for the missing menu and patter that I thought I had forgotten. lol All the time, they didn't exist because we totally skipped a day crossing the dateline. Did I feel foolish? YEP! ROFL

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

That's an easy question! I just plan another cruise! In fact, I have found that planning and booking another cruise before sailing is a sure fire way to ward off the blues! Also, I have found that sailing with a group of friends from Cruise critic helps pass the time as you can have fun getting to know one another before the next cruise! We have a big group going on the Mariner this fall and just last week decided we'd all try the 9/17/05 Caribbean Princess! Can't wait for that one! icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

GROUP BOARD FOR ROYAL HOUNDS ON CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 9/17/05

PRICING & BOOKING INFO FOR CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

Group board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

Well, I must have a really bad case. We have FOUR CRUISES ALREADY BOOKED and I am still depressed. We have fellow cruise critic sailors coming to visit this week to discuss our next two upcoming cruises and I want to be on another ship right now!!!

Don't they have cruises that you can go on to deal with this problem? Is the first step to admit you have a problem? "Hi, My name is Don and I am a Cruise-a-holic!!!" LOL

Can Doc from the Love Boat help???

Gailic, sorry we had to cancel our Golden cruise and opted for the Caribbean Princess the same week. Wanted to do something closer. We wished we were going with you.

oh, i have got some hardcore PCD. it's relentless, i tell you! but there's not much I can do about it. i was on the golden sailing the eastern carib from 4/10-4/17, and once i was back up here in ohio, it's been hard....and i know that the weather up here isn't helping at all! haha.

what i've done is just come here and read up on everything, look at my pictures and others' pictures from the cruise and talk to alicia (whom i met on the cruise) to ease the pain!

hoping to plan another cruise in the near future, but we'll see how that goes.....

-Meagan

Meagan, you're welcome to join our Cruise Critic group cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess next fall (9/17/05). YOu can book this week for only $100pp and pick your cabin. Anybody who's interested can click the links below for more info!icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

I book the next Princess cruise while still on board....so when I disembark, another one is already in the planning stages...

It helps to stay active on the CC board too..already corresponding with folks going on our next one...Sun 2-7-05....

2-05 Sun Princess

2-04 Sun Princess

9-03 Golden Princess

2-03 Coral Princess

3-02 Ocean Princess

4-01 Carnival Paradise

2-00 Carnival Paradise

Aquarian...those are definately words to live by! icon_smile.gif Just smile and book! icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Well, I suffered for about a month, then decided to solve the problem by booking another one icon_cool.gif

It's time for me to get another job to support this habit icon_razz.gif

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

July 4, 2004 - Sapphire Princess - Alaska

Archived