Eclipse Daily Program - Celebrity Today

Lsimon

Hi Larry

For us being first time cruisers (Eclipse 30th Nov 2013) this information is absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much.

Can I ask a couple of questions? In the publication, on the first page, it says beverage packages are offered with savings up to 40%. Is that off the current advertised prices? I am wondering if it is worth waiting until getting onboard to purchase a package.

Secondly, are you able to take bottled water off the ship?

Thanks again for such useful information. We hope you had an enjoyable cruise.

Sharon & Nick

that is not what it means. You will not find 40% discounts on the price of the packages if you wait to buy on board.

What they are saying is that if you drink lots of drinks, the package will save you money.

Just as if you only drank a few drinks, you would lose money

And if you drink lots and lots of drinks, you would even save more money.

It's not clear, and it verges on deceptive, IMO.

As to the second question, yes you can take bottled water off the ship.

I know the season is drawing to a close soon, but for those who are interested here is a link to a PDF file of the Celebrity Today daily programs, along with Captain's Club info, from our March 9 Eclipse Sailing:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity-Today-Eclipse-March-9-2013-Captains-Club.pdf

Thank you so much for posting this......so much information!!

I now have a good idea what to expect when I am on Eclipse in August 2013 :):)

that is not what it means. You will not find 40% discounts on the price of the packages if you wait to buy on board.

What they are saying is that if you drink lots of drinks, the package will save you money.

Just as if you only drank a few drinks, you would lose money

And if you drink lots and lots of drinks, you would even save more money.

It's not clear, and it verges on deceptive, IMO.

As to the second question, yes you can take bottled water off the ship.

Thanks for the clarification - I thought it seemed a bit too good to be true about the 40% savings. I think I will keep an eye on the offers section of the website - recently in the UK they offered 10% off the package prices.

Great that we can take bottles with us when we go off exploring. Thanks for that.

While I think about it, I have a similar question with regards the speciality dining. Do they have offers when you get onboard or is it best to book beforehand?

Sharon

Larry,

Thanks for taking the time to scan and post the Eclipse dailies. We will be doing this exact 14 night itinerary on 12/28 although we will be unfortunately tendering at St. Thomas. I will be sharing this with our roll call.

...While I think about it, I have a similar question with regards the speciality dining. Do they have offers when you get onboard or is it best to book beforehand?

Sharon

They do not regularly have discounts for specialty dining on board aside from the "normal" discount of the muti-night packages.

We've occasionally seen this but not on our last three cruises. It really depends on supply and demand - on most cruises the restaurants are busy enough that it is often hard to get late reservations on-board at your first choice of times and on these you won't find any discounts either. On other cruises the specialty restaurants are not very busy and it is easy to get seating with short notice and they will also end up offering specials and discounts.

Two years ago we took a 14 night March Caribbean cruise on Constellation which had two specialty restaurants and they were hardly ever busy and specials were offered throughout the cruise (mostly 10% or 20% off both service charge and wine) and you could get your choice of times almost any night. I expected the same situation on our just completed Eclipse 14 night cruise which sailed a nearly identical itinerary, on a ship with three specialty restaurants, but last minute bookings were not available the nights we looked for them and the only discount I head of was one offered only to attendees at a cooking demonstration late in the cruise and then only for one particular night at Qsine.

Archived