Hurricane Emily and ship itinerary

Well I just thought I would make a post about this since alot pof people have been asking in other post about the ships and their changed itineraries. Here is the Carnival website.

http://carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/weather_update.aspx

Tropical Weather Update

July 17, 2005 – 2:00 PM

We are closely monitoring the progress of Hurricane Emily. At Carnival, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is our number one priority. All of our ships currently operating in the Western Caribbean will maintain a safe distance from the storm at all times.

We are evaluating the impact of the current forecast projections on the itineraries for the cruises departing this weekend from Miami, Port Canaveral, Tampa, Galveston and New Orleans. There are no changes to any other cruise departures. The following information is provided for general guidance; however, it is based on the current forecasted path and speed of the storm. It is important to understand that this information could change based on any adjustments to the forecast for this storm.

For the cruises of July 16 on the Sensation, Ecstasy, Carnival Glory and July 17 on the Elation, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Victory and Carnival Miracle, we have identified some possible changes to the itineraries. As we continue to monitor the storm, these changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required.

Port Canaveral:

Carnival Glory: The ship will depart on the 7/16/05 cruise. Due to the path of the storm, the itinerary has been changed from the Western Caribbean itinerary to her published 7 Day Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

New Orleans:

Sensation: The ship will depart on the 7/16/05 cruise. Some changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required depending on the path of the storm. The itinerary is as follows:

New Orleans depart 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

Cozumel 7:00am to 6:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

New Orleans arrive 8:00am

Carnival Conquest: The ship will depart on the 7/17/05 cruise. Some changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required depending on the path of the storm. The itinerary is as follows:

New Orleans depart 6:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

Grand Cayman 7:00am to 4:00pm

Cozumel 9:30am to 6:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

New Orleans arrive 8:00am

Galveston:

Ecstasy: The ship will depart on the 7/16/05 cruise. Some changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required depending on the path of the storm. The itinerary is as follows:

Galveston depart 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

Cozumel 7:00am to 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

Galveston arrive 8:00am

Elation: The ship will depart on the7/17/05 cruise. Due to the path of the storm, the scheduled Western Caribbean itinerary has been changed to a Bahamas itinerary. The itinerary is as follows:

Galveston depart 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

Nassau 8:00am to 11:00pm

Freeport 7:00am to 4:00pm

Key West 6:00am to 4:00pm

Fun Day” At Sea

Galveston arrive 8:00am

Tampa:

Carnival Miracle: The ship will depart on the 7/17/05 cruise. Some changes to the scheduled itinerary may be required depending on the path of the storm. The itinerary is as follows:

Tampa depart 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

“Fun Day” At Sea

Ocho Rios 8:00am to 5:00pm

Grand Cayman 9:00am to 4:00pm

Cozumel 11:30am to Midnight

“Fun Day” At Sea

Tampa arrive 8:00am

Miami:

Carnival Victory: The ship will depart on the 7/17/05 cruise. We plan operate the Western Caribbean itinerary by calling on the ports of call in reverse sequence. The itinerary is as follows:

Miami depart 4:00 pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

Montego Bay 9:00am to 7:00pm

Grand Cayman 7:30am to 4:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

Cozumel 7:30am to 10:00pm

“Fun Day” At Sea

Miami 8:00am

Carnival is committed to providing our guests with a safe and enjoyable cruise experience.

I'd say it's a good bet that Cozumel will be dropped from these itineraries too. Since Cos took a direct hit from Emily, I don't see how they could be ready for ships by later this week. We'll just have to wait and see.

CCL will not make any changes to the ports (Cozumel too) unless they have to and/or at the very last moment!!!

I love the FOUR SEA DAYS for the Conquest ... and Cozumel is one of the TWO ports they are scheduled for...!! Time will tell...

Tom

We are due to sail from N.O. on the Sensation on Monday, July 25. I contacted my travel agent this morning and this is what she said:

" I checked with Carnival this morning, and was advised that the itinerary has not changed. Cozumel had some damage, but the ship is still able to port and by the time you get there everything should be back to normal and operating as usual. That is as much as they could tell me now."

As someone said before... time will tell. All I know is we're cruising in a week and I can't wait!

:D

" I checked with Carnival this morning, and was advised that the itinerary has not changed. Cozumel had some damage, but the ship is still able to port and by the time you get there everything should be back to normal and operating as usual. That is as much as they could tell me now."

As someone said before... time will tell. All I know is we're cruising in a week and I can't wait!

:D

I hope you are right. We are on the Sensation this Thurs. and are to be in Coz. on Sat. I was really looking forward to going back to this port, hopefully we won't miss it and most things will be ok.

More importantly of course is that the people are safe and their homes and businesses are ok!

If the Elation can sail to the Bahamas to avoid a hurricane, why couldn't that be one it's itineraries? We would like to cruise in a different direction, visit different ports, and love the Elation.

Thats what we wish! It would be neat if they made bahamas a itinerary from Galveston!

• 6 years later...

Anyone know the status of the carnival victory. I tried calling carnvial to find out if it changed itinerary and was told they can not bring that up. Have family that are on it, left sunday and wasn't sure if they changed ports or not.

Anyone know the status of the carnival victory. I tried calling carnvial to find out if it changed itinerary and was told they can not bring that up. Have family that are on it, left sunday and wasn't sure if they changed ports or not.

This thread was from 2005 not 2011, you maybe wanna post your own thread or try to find one of the current ones

Archived