Frances- Current Cruise Line Information

CruiseFever

I received an update from RCCL this morning when I came in and it they have altered 6 of their itineraries. Just thought that I'd share this with you guys even though it's RCC...it's still noteworthy.

It would be nice if Princess sent out a TA advisory like this as well. Maybe later today.

I tried to post it but it wouldnt copy. In a ut shell heres what it says:

Grandeur---it will reverse itin for 9/29 sailing. No Pt Canaveral stop.

Navigator---new pt calls St John, Antigua, St Thomas, sea on Thursday

Adventure--St Maarten on Saturday

Majesty---Freeport on Wednesday (cnxl coco cay stop)--return to port Thursday morning @ 7am.

Sovereign---returns to Port Canaveral on Thursday @ noon insead of tomorrow.

Voyager----Montego Bay on Thursday & sea day on Friday

I was doing a search to try to find some info and this message board came up. I have been reading through, and everyone seems to know a lot of info on the cruises. My parents are on the Caribbean Princess right now. It is currently at Cozumel. It is scheduled to return to Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday morning. Well, because of the hurricane, I doubt that will happen. Anyone know what Princess Cruise line will do with the cruise that is out right now? Also is there someone I can contact to find out what the plans are? I am very worried about my parents. They are supposed to fly back up here (NY) on Saturday also. Thank you so much for all your assistance.

:o

I was wondering the same thing. I think of those poor people who live there and earn their living from the cruise passengers. I was wondering if we will even be going there on our cruise Oct 1st. It will surely be a mess. I wonder if there is somewhere they store the chairs and other things like sailboats etc and if it will withstand Frances. Also, with all the desbris it will just be a mess. It is so sad. :(

First, there is no need to worry about your parents. They are probably in the best place they could possibly be and are well away from the storm. Under no circumstances will the ship be put into any danger.

Princess should be releasing some information shortly. There are a couple of scenarios. The first is that they will remain out of the storm area until it has passed, then return to Ft. Lauderdale as long as port facilities, hotels, airport, etc. have not sustained serious damage and can resume operation. If returning to FLL is not possible, they will likely be taken to an alternate port where they can make travel arrangements to return home. Houston (Galveston) would be a likely choice.

It's going to be a bit of an adventure, but nothing like what our friends in Florida have staring at them.

And they aren't saying anything. Wait until the updates. There are a fleet of people calling them and as soon as it is released, this place will know about it.

Go to the Roll Call for 9/4 Caribbean and you will see we have people working on them.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I just spoke with Princess and they said that as of right now they are still being scheduled to port back in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday with the 9/4 cruise leaving then as well. At this time, the port is closed only for today and tomorrow. If they are closed an additional day, they will stay at sea until Sunday. She also said worse case scenario, they return to Conzumel and disembark there. Then Princess would try to get everyone flights out of there.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I just spoke with Princess and they said that as of right now they are still being scheduled to port back in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday with the 9/4 cruise leaving then as well. At this time, the port is closed only for today and tomorrow. If they are closed an additional day, they will stay at sea until Sunday. She also said worse case scenario, they return to Conzumel and disembark there. Then Princess would try to get everyone flights out of there.

I was reading a thread on this on the RC boards as well..........all of the cruiselines that have their private islands are probably going to have some major rebuilding to do before these are usable again.

Worry Child, I know from your other post how worried you are about your parents. They are probably having a great time and they will have stories to share when they get back. They will not do anything to jeopardize the cruise ship or the passengers. Just think they may get an extra day out of it. Try and think positive and it will all be okay. They will be able to reroute there air schedules when they get back into port.

This press release just issued from CARNIVAL

ITINERARY AND DEPARTURE DATE CHANGES MADE FOR ALL CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES SAILINGS FROM FLORIDA SEPT. 3-6

(MIAMI 9/02/04) – Based on the projected path of Hurricane Frances and anticipated port closures around the state of Florida, Carnival Cruise Lines is making the following changes:

SHIPS DEPARTING PORT CANAVERAL:

- CARNIVAL GLORY – Seven-day Caribbean cruise scheduled to depart Sat., Sept. 4, will be converted to a four-day cruise to Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas, departing Tues., Sept. 7. Guests who sail will receive a 50 percent refund of their cruise fare, a $100 per person shipboard credit, and a 50 percent discount off a future cruise of up to seven days in length valid through departures of Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

FANTASY – Four-day Bahamas cruise scheduled to depart Sun., Sept -5 will be converted to a two-day cruise to Freeport, The Bahamas, departing Tues., Sept. 7. Guests who sail will receive a 50 percent refund of their cruise fare, $100 per person shipboard credit, and a 50% discount off a future cruise of three to five days valid for departures through Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

SHIPS DEPARTING TAMPA

- SENSATION – Five-day western Caribbean cruise scheduled to depart Sat., Sept. 4, will be converted to a three-day cruise-to-nowhere departing Mon., Sept. 6. Guests who sail will receive a 50 percent refund of their cruise fare, a $100 per person shipboard credit, and a 50 percent discount off a future cruise of three to five days valid for departures through Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

- INSPIRATION – Seven-day western Caribbean cruise scheduled to depart Sun., Sept. 5 will be converted to a six-day western Caribbean cruise departing Mon., Sept. 6 with calls at Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Guests who sail will receive a 20 percent refund of their cruise fare, a $100 per person shipboard credit, and 25 percent discount off a future cruise of up to seven-days in length valid for departures through Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or full refund.

SHIPS DEPARTING MIAMI:

- FASCINATION – Three-day Bahamas cruise scheduled to depart Fri., Sept. 3 has been cancelled. Guests may opt for a future cruise credit or full refund.

- CARNIVAL TRIUMPH – Seven-day western Caribbean cruise scheduled to depart Sat., Sept. 4 has been converted to a five-day western Caribbean cruise departing Mon., Sept. 6 with port calls at Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Guests who sail will receive a 30 percent refund of their cruise fare, a $100 per person shipboard credit, and a 50 percent discount off a future cruise of up to seven days in length valid for departures through Dec. 15, 2005. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

- PARADISE – Fifteen-day Panama Canal cruise scheduled to depart Sun., Sept. 5 has been converted to a fourteen-day Panama Canal voyage departing on Mon., Sept. 6. The only anticipated itinerary adjustment is the deletion of a port call to Aruba. Guests will receive a $200 per person shipboard credit. Those who wish to cancel may choose between a future cruise credit or a full refund.

For guests who booked air on their own and elect to sail on the modified itinerary for any of the above voyages, Carnival will provide up to $100 per person in reimbursement for costs incurred as a result of necessary flight changes. Guests will be required to provide proper documentation. Guests who elect to cancel their voyage and booked air on their own, will not be provided reimbursement of airfare-related costs.

All of the ships listed above are expected to arrive late from their current voyages due to port closures.

Up-to-date information on ship arrivals and departures will be available via the cruise line’s web site at http://www.carnival.com and via recorded message at 1-800-CARNIVAL. Individuals who are scheduled to sail on any of the above voyages should check regularly for updates.

Thanks Chris

I think Carnival is taking care of the current guest and more likely to pick up a few new guest. If not mistaken RCCL is just canceling a day of cruises with no refund. Am I correct. I will do Carnival over RCCL

Debbie

Archived