Rumor has it a hurricane changes Star's itinerary this week

SweetEmi

So I hear anyway from the Acapulco Port Authority that there is a hurricane and the Star is having to change its itinerary this week.

Emi

Oh man, that would be disappointing for me if it affects next week's sailing too! Cross your fingers. Did you hear at all what the revisions were?

I didn't hear any specifics - except NCL Star was the only one effected. I assume N Star means NCL Star...Anyway....I have my fingers crossed for you! Last year we had a hurricane mess up our itinerary but all was great anyway...*smile*

Emi

Hmmmmmm???? I'm glad we are sailing "outside" of hurricane season. Two years in a row with a hurricane messing up our plans may make my friend swear off cruising altogether. Not me though....lol!! She's more excitable than I am.

Emi

FYI

Please be advised that due to approaching Tropical Storm Lester the m/v "Norwegian Star" has to change her current itinerary as follows:

Day Port Arrive Depart

10/12 Tue Los Angeles, California 1700

10/13 Wed At Sea

10/14 Thu Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 0800 1700

10/15 Fri Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 0800 1600

10/16 Sat Acapulco, Mexico 1400 overnight

10/17 Sun Acapulco, Mexico --- 0200

10/18 Mon At Sea

10/19 Tue At Sea

10/20 Wed Los Angeles, California 0700

So far so good! I just checked the storm website, and nothing new has started up since Lester. Keep your fingers crossed!

Today I'm starting some packing and getting the house cleaned up so we don't come back from the cruise to a mess. Leaving mid-week is kind of a pain!

Dang Booo-rricane, its not even a depression and messed up the Star's itinerary, I told them it wouldn't be a problem, but they decided to play it safe and do the Riviera from Cabo and finish with us.

Part of my obligations to monitor severe weather and let every one know when a storm forms up in the Tehuantepec Isthmus. This the breeding ground for hurricanes; if it passes as a hurricane, we're in trouble and we can only wait for the storm to come inland or go out to sea (95% in the last 6 years have gone out to sea and we only get the tip), but if it starts as a tropical depression, then no problema, just a lot of rain in the area, rough seas as well, I recommend to stock up in sea sick pills, we're gonna have a lot of swell & strong currents in the following days.

We are due in ACA a week from today. As a former flight attendant for American Airlines, ACA was one of my all time favorite places to layover. Of course that was years ago. I am very much looking forward to seeing the city again and see how much it has changed.

Archived