Olympic Menus

ahoymatey3

Can you please elaborate?:confused: I thought there's just (1) choice of soup, salad, or appetizer, (2) main course, (3) dessert.

I read from cruisemates.com discussion board that there's no tastings menu, but wine pairing is offered for $27 more.

A serious answer to the question-Here are some websites that have menus:

From Celebrity's website a sample specialty menu:

http://www.celebrity.com/whyceleb/SingleInclude.do?pagename=specialty_dining_menu

From cruise clues website, there are pictures of the Normandie's restaurant - the Summit's equivalent of the Olympic (go to the pictures of the Normandie restaurant):

http://community.webshots.com/album/75017138bxkZnF/2

This is not the menu we had in March in the Olympic. One side of the menu had the wine pairing/food selection 6 course the other side had the regular menu with wine suggestions only 4 course. You either chose the wine pairing menu or the other. We chose the wine pairing but I insisted on having the Steak Diane as my entree which was not on the wine pairing menu and they were not happy and tried to discourage me but they gave in. Other than that annoyance. The food, atmosphere, etc was fabulous. I also enjoyed the wines, although I must admit you could easily get a little tipsy if you haven't eaten all day.

• 2 weeks later...

You can actually ask for more like soup and salad but its much richer and the portions larger than the main restaurant.

My wife and I split a goat cheese soufflet and Caeser salad. They prepared the salad and split the portions onto separate plates. Even then the portions were substantial. They wont do that with the Soufflet, we just swapped plates at the appropriate moment.

We went twice and the first time we each ordered the soufflet and the Lobster Veloute soup. We were stuffed to the point of not enjoying the later courses.

I do wish they would have more specials of the day like upstairs.

Archived